Dropcam Timelapse

Old April 4th 14, 01:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M[_2_]

Default Dropcam Timelapse

Taken from 1000 miles away; 16 hours from sunrise to moonset compressed
into one minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PWuJlwWWbA

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
Old April 8th 14, 05:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M[_2_]

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 4 April 2014 13:41:22 UTC+1, M-M wrote:
Taken from 1000 miles away; 16 hours from sunrise to moonset compressed

into one minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PWuJlwWWbA

what do you mean by taken 1000 miles away ?

The camera is wifi connected and accessed from a remote location- not a
lens that "sees" for 1000 miles

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
Old April 8th 14, 02:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
(PeteCresswell)

Per Whisky-dave:
pity I might have brought one of those...

But I did have a lens that "sees" further around 239,000 miles when I took a few photos of the moon

How about this one:
http://www.gizmag.com/argus-is-darpa...-camers/26078/

Also, last week I was talking to the head of security at a place where I
do some work. He was talking about cameras that have a 180 or
360-degree view and record at some ludicrously-high resolution 24-7. The
result is a recording where somebody can joy-stick zoom and pan after
the fact.

I'm *really* looking forward to that technology becoming available at
consumer prices.
--
Pete Cresswell
Old April 8th 14, 02:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
M-M[_2_]

Not 360 but 130 degrees. www.dropcam.com

--
m-m
http://www.mhmyers.com
Old April 8th 14, 09:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 4/8/14 7:41 AM, in article
, "Whisky-dave"
wrote:

On Tuesday, 8 April 2014 05:19:13 UTC+1, M-M wrote:
In article ,

Whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 4 April 2014 13:41:22 UTC+1, M-M wrote:

Taken from 1000 miles away; 16 hours from sunrise to moonset compressed

into one minute:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PWuJlwWWbA

what do you mean by taken 1000 miles away ?

The camera is wifi connected and accessed from a remote location- not a

lens that "sees" for 1000 miles

pity I might have brought one of those...

But I did have a lens that "sees" further around 239,000 miles when I took a
few photos of the moon

In my camera store days, I had a little lady come in with her husband's SLR
and she inquired about that "funny little symbol that looks like the number
eight on it side". When I began to elplain about the concept of infinity and
lens focus she stopped me with a very puzzled look on her face, paused in
thought, and almost shouted out: "INFINITY?!? Is THAT farther than the
MOON???