B&H and Adorama Closed!

Old November 7th 05, 03:48 PM
Neil Harrington

Default I like B&H, but......

"ASAAR" wrote in message
On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 23:26:26 GMT, wrote:

Neil can't see us because he's willfully blinded himself. So
at least our conversations will be in private as far as he's
concerned.

It's not enough that he does so, he and his slightly saner buddy
can't simply do it and get on with their life, such as it is.

Speaking of which, it's mainly you and yours who are keeping this frazzled
thread going now, as you go around and around congratulating yourselves for
something or other. Your life doesn't lend itself to getting on with, I
guess.

Interestingly, I was plonked not for shouting or being abusive. I
received the threat that if in my reply I didn't agree with the
plonker's POV I would be plonked. Had I capitulated to that threat
it would have been a pathetic response on my part to a pathetic
threat.

Wow. That must have been a terrifying experience, and your courage in the
face of that, uh, threat is surely inspiring to all. If Bill Clinton were
still president he'd probably have given you a medal for it. Hey, if he
could give the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the nation's highest civilian
award, to that old Chicago shakedown artist Jesse Jackson, then *you* should
have gotten at least *something*, maybe the Order of the Spotted Dress or
something like that. Come to think of it, if John Kerry (the self-described
"next JFK from Massachusetts") had only made the grade maybe he could have
gotten you one of those Purple Hearts too. Oops, no, my bad, that calls for
at least a self-inflicted wound requiring a Band-Aid.

Some people can only survive by finding ways to refuse to
see the obvious.

Others only by setting up straw men and knocking them down, evidently. Or do
you actually have a logical argument supporting your co-circle-jerker's
apparent opinion that the Ninth Amendment makes "constitutional" any "right"
that anyone can invent?

What's the matter with you, ASAAR? I used to think you were a reasonably
intelligent fellow. Had too many of those Hillary Specials down at Kentucky
Fried Chicken? They're bad for you, you know. Deposit a lot of fat in the
brain.

Old November 7th 05, 05:36 PM

Default B&H and Adorama Closed!

Maybe the custom clerks in Dubline are Orthodox Jews too

Old November 7th 05, 06:18 PM
ASAAR

On Mon, 07 Nov 2005 07:58:30 -0700, Nikon User wrote:

I remember being slightly disappointed when Smilin' Ed passed the
reins to Wild Bill Hickok's sidekick,

He didn't have much of a choice; he was sorta dead.

g Most shows protected us sensitive little kiddies from such
messy details. On the other hand, another (local?) show from that
era ("Philbert the Flea") had no such qualms. Knowing that their
broadcast days were ending, they writers had Philbert save the day.
The mechanism was for him to bite the end of a match, creating the
flame that would somehow free his little buddies (I don't recall
many other details, though I can still sing part of the show's theme
song), and in the process going out in a blaze of glory in the last
episode.

Old November 7th 05, 07:10 PM
ASAAR

On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 10:48:23 -0500, Neil Harrington wrote:

It's not enough that he does so, he and his slightly saner buddy
can't simply do it and get on with their life, such as it is.

Speaking of which, it's mainly you and yours who are keeping this
frazzled thread going now, as you go around and around congratulating
yourselves for something or other. Your life doesn't lend itself to getting
on with, I guess.

Touchy, touchy. I think it can easily be shown that you and your
buddy have shared the largest number of self-congratulatory posts.
And your facts are either wrong or misleading. Ignoring the fact
that you've posted more than 400% more messages to this thread than
I have, since you stated two days ago that "this conversation is
hereby ended", we've both posted 5 additional messages. But that
said, don't you think it's silly to complain that others who have
made no similar declaration would be the ones responsible for
keeping the thread going? If you stayed away as promised, the
thread would slowly (or quickly) peter out. I'd say that by not
staying away as promised, *you* are most responsible for keeping the
thread going.

Oops. This makes my sixth post since your declaration. If you
add a sixth of your own, only time will tell.

[...]

Ah, the standard technique of the right wing Kool-Aid drinking
extremist, resorting to unnecessary slimy statements direct from the
playbook. What many people may not understand is that the extreme
right wing *needs* people such as the Clintons, Kennedys, Jackson,
Kerry, et al. to keep their base frenetic and salivating. I thought
that by now, long after the election, people would have been too
ashamed of those bogus Band-Aid charges to bring them back to life.
I'd have thought you'd be a bit smarter than the gullible true
believers. Guess not.

Others only by setting up straw men and knocking them down, evidently.
Or do you actually have a logical argument supporting your co-circle-jerker's
apparent opinion that the Ninth Amendment makes "constitutional" any "right"
that anyone can invent?

I haven't been involved here in any discussions involving the
Constitution or the Ninth Amendment, nor do I plan to waste my time
on what is sure to be a fruitless exercise. Why are you trying to
extend this thread after accusing others of keeping it going? As
Spock would have said, "illogical".

What's the matter with you, ASAAR? I used to think you were a reasonably
intelligent fellow. Had too many of those Hillary Specials down at Kentucky
Fried Chicken? They're bad for you, you know. Deposit a lot of fat in the
brain.

Without a sufficient amount of fat, the brain stops functioning
normally, so I'm all in favor of the healthy, life-giving aspects
that can be gotten from a fresh, hot bucket of fried chicken. You
sound like you'd benefit from a some of that yourself.

I don't usually go to KFC as I can do better with my own chicken
fryer. It's tastier, less greasy, and much more inexpensive by far.
I do go there maybe once every year or two, but I've never seen any
Hillary Specials. If she's gotten involved in a business
arrangement with Kentucky Fried Chicken I may well go there more
often. At least KFC has better fried chicken than the greasier fare
from Popeye's or the right wingettes served at Chick-Fil-A.

Old November 8th 05, 05:10 PM
Nikon User

OK, who was it that used to say, "Pluck your magic twanger, Froggy"
on Saturday morning radio?

Smilin' Ed McConnell.
Old November 8th 05, 05:14 PM
Nikon User

In article ,
"Neil Harrington" wrote:

Some people can only survive by finding ways to refuse to see the
obvious.

Others only by setting up straw men and knocking them down,
evidently. Or do you actually have a logical argument supporting your
co-circle-jerker's apparent opinion that the Ninth Amendment makes
"constitutional" any "right" that anyone can invent?

No one has claimed that. You're engaging in a straw-man argument.

What's the matter with you, ASAAR? I used to think you were a
reasonably intelligent fellow. Had too many of those Hillary Specials
down at Kentucky Fried Chicken? They're bad for you, you know.
Deposit a lot of fat in the brain.

Wow, the two refuges of the radical right when they're losing an
argument: Personal invective, and drag in the Clintons.

No wonder the USA is going to hell in a hand basket; the wingnuts are in
charge.
Old November 8th 05, 05:23 PM
Nikon User

In article ,
ASAAR wrote:

g Most shows protected us sensitive little kiddies from such
messy details. On the other hand, another (local?) show from that
era ("Philbert the Flea") had no such qualms. Knowing that their
broadcast days were ending, they writers had Philbert save the day.
The mechanism was for him to bite the end of a match, creating the
flame that would somehow free his little buddies (I don't recall many
other details, though I can still sing part of the show's theme
song), and in the process going out in a blaze of glory in the last
episode.

The only reference I could find is at
http://www.broadcastpioneers.com/wfilhistory.html. BTW, it's
"Filbert" according to google searches.

Google also had hits at
http://findit-a2z.com/sites/flea/filbert_the_flea.html, but it appears
that that findit-a2z.com is no longer running.
Old November 8th 05, 06:35 PM
ASAAR

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 10:23:01 -0700, Nikon User wrote:

The only reference I could find is at
http://www.broadcastpioneers.com/wfilhistory.html. BTW, it's
"Filbert" according to google searches.

Google also had hits at
http://findit-a2z.com/sites/flea/filbert_the_flea.html, but it appears
that that findit-a2z.com is no longer running.

Thanks again. I thought I had searched using Philbert as well as
Filbert, but never got any hits. The last time I searched, though,
was probably 7 or 8 years ago.