B&H and Adorama Closed!

Old November 6th 05, 11:26 PM

Default I like B&H, but......

On Sat, 05 Nov 2005 11:01:43 -0500, ASAAR wrote:

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 10:44:06 -0500, Neil Harrington wrote:

They "count as people" exactly as much as, and no more than, any other
people do.

Thus, married people have a right to privacy.

. . .

As it is increasingly apparent that this obvious truth will ever penetrate
the thick casing of solid bone surrounding the small growth at the upper
end of your spinal cord, this conversation is hereby ended.

Plonk.

That action seems to be the last resort of those with exceedingly
weak constitutions. Pull that plunger too often and you and your
similarly inclined brethren will most likely end up with a painful
RSI to your right wing.

Neil can't see us because he's willfully blinded himself. So
at least our conversations will be in private as far as he's
concerned.
Old November 6th 05, 11:32 PM

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 16:37:00 -0500, "Neil Harrington"
wrote:

"ASAAR" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 5 Nov 2005 10:44:06 -0500, Neil Harrington wrote:

They "count as people" exactly as much as, and no more than, any other
people do.

Thus, married people have a right to privacy.
. . .

As it is increasingly apparent that this obvious truth will ever
penetrate
the thick casing of solid bone surrounding the small growth at the upper
end of your spinal cord, this conversation is hereby ended.

Plonk.

That action seems to be the last resort of those with exceedingly
weak constitutions. Pull that plunger too often and you and your
similarly inclined brethren will most likely end up with a painful
RSI to your right wing.

I never "pull that plunger" as you put it without adequate reason; I regard
stubborn and repetitive stupidity on the other's part as adequate reason.

Neil

More to the point, jerkoff, you don't even pull the plunger.
as proven by your childish response to the very next message from
ASAAR.

Why are you unable to really plonk anyone? It would have to be
that plonking, to you, is simply a childish exercise intended to show
how superior you are; then you're bound to "peek" to see what people
think of you for your silly plonking.

Grow up and stop your infantile games.

But you didn't see any of this because I'm plonked, right?

Old November 6th 05, 11:37 PM

On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 08:50:47 -0500, "Neil Harrington"
wrote:

"Nikon User" wrote in message
"Neil Harrington" wrote:

There is no constitutional "right to privacy," apart from those
specifically mentioned in the Bill of Rights ("to be secure in their
persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches
and seizures," etc.). Married or unmarried, you have no
CONSTITUTIONAL right to privacy beyond what the Constitution says you
have. (Duh.)

So we return to your rejection of the ninth amendment.

Sorry I couldn't put "CONSTITUTIONAL" in 36-point bold for you, but such are
the limits of ordinary text, and HTML is frowned on in newsgroups.

So are you.

Since usenet is clearly not up to adequate emphasis so that
your SCREAMED point bears its proper weight, why dion't ou **** off
and join a teen chat group which allows HTML posting so that you're
adequately understood. It would be about your speed.

Oh, sorry -- you can't see my postings.

Signed,
Grateful Plonkee
Old November 7th 05, 12:18 AM
Neil Harrington

"Nikon User" wrote in message
"Neil Harrington" wrote:

There is no constitutional "right to privacy," apart from those
specifically mentioned in the Bill of Rights ("to be secure in
their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable
searches and seizures," etc.). Married or unmarried, you have no
CONSTITUTIONAL right to privacy beyond what the Constitution says
you have. (Duh.)

So we return to your rejection of the ninth amendment.

Sorry I couldn't put "CONSTITUTIONAL" in 36-point bold for you, but
such are the limits of ordinary text, and HTML is frowned on in
newsgroups.

As I said, SO WE RETURN TO YOUR REJECTION OF THE NINTH AMENDMENT. Put
that in 72-point bold, red text.

I fully accept the Ninth Amendment and understand what it says; what you
imagine it means is unclear, but evidently in error whatever it is.

Your confusion is not my problem and in all likelihood uncorrectible anyway.
Goodbye now.

Old November 7th 05, 05:13 AM
Nikon User

In article ,
"Neil Harrington" wrote:

[...]

I'm not confused at all. I understand what "The enumeration in the
Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or
disparage others retained by the people," means. If you really
understood it, you would know that there is a constitutional right to
privacy.

But you are so tied into the right-wing agenda of big-brother government
and Christian supremacy, that you will ignore and dispute any provisions
of the constitution that get in the way of that agenda.
Old November 7th 05, 05:21 AM
Nikon User

In article ,
ASAAR wrote:

Almost. Going by an old, possibly mythical legend (more likely to
be promulgated by those who have overused their right wing), those
that plonk their magic twanger too often risk going blind.

"I'll be good, I will, I will." -- Froggy the Gremlin

And for those who don't understand the reference,
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/nyuk/froggy.html

Thanks for the memories, ASAAR.
Old November 7th 05, 12:50 PM
ASAAR

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 22:21:21 -0700, Nikon User wrote:

And for those who don't understand the reference,
http://www.angelfire.com/ny/nyuk/froggy.html

Thanks for the memories, ASAAR.

And thank you for the link. I remember being slightly disappointed
when Smilin' Ed passed the reins to Wild Bill Hickok's sidekick, but
it didn't matter very much since Froggy was the main attraction.

--
"I'm Buster Brown. I live in a shoe. That's my dog Tige. He lives
in there too."

Old November 7th 05, 02:58 PM
Nikon User

In article ,
ASAAR wrote:

I remember being slightly disappointed when Smilin' Ed passed the
reins to Wild Bill Hickok's sidekick,

He didn't have much of a choice; he was sorta dead.