DOS attack and threats

Old December 14th 05, 12:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default DOS attack and threats

So my http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/ pictures are rubbing
someone the wrong way. Yesterday my web site had a Denial Of Service
attack. There were 497 simultaneous connections. So not to bring down the
other customers on that server, my host cut the site off. Not knowing
initially why my site was dead, I switched my host to a back up site last
night.

Then today I got several threatening calls. First they called my home and
left a message calling me a no good mother ****er and things like that.
Then on my answering machine I have my work number. So he called me there.
He had a thick Jewish accent. He said he had my home address, my parents
names and address and he was going to post them all over the web. He was
blaming me for putting them out-of-business and that they had already shut
down. Presumably he is upset with this story, where I only get a mention:
http://yro.slashdot.org/article.pl?s...tid=187&tid=17

While he didn't identify himself, he did say he was part of the Orthodox
Jewish community in Brooklyn. He then called back about 10 minutes later.
He told me to watch my back. And that if I didn't leave the country I would
be killed.

I tried to file a police report here in Brooklyn on my way home. I was told
that since I received the call at work that I would have to file in that
jurisdiction. Then I found the message at home, so I'm waiting for an
officer to stop by and file a report on that.

Generally the Orthodox Jews don't like attention. But these could be
Russian, and maybe a little less insular.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old December 14th 05, 01:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Don Wiss" wrote in message
[...]

-----

Oy Vey! - enough, already!

Old December 14th 05, 01:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Don Wiss wrote:

While he didn't identify himself, he did say he was part of the Orthodox
Jewish community in Brooklyn. He then called back about 10 minutes later.
He told me to watch my back. And that if I didn't leave the country I would
be killed.

Generally the Orthodox Jews don't like attention. But these could be
Russian, and maybe a little less insular.

Interesting point. How many of the Brooklyn cam-scams are actually
engineered by the Russian mafia?

Although I don't know that you'd choose the word "interesting" right
now. Good luck - we're ALL with you here.
Old December 14th 05, 01:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 19:54:04 -0500, Don Wiss
wrote:

[...]

Not the kind to mess with, depending on their affiliation with the
Russian Mafia. However, the website says:

http://tinyurl.com/cc2c7

For those of you who tried to contact us in the past few days, we
would like to apologize for any inconvenience that you may have
incurred. Our website was down for maintenance and we are back up and
fully operational. If you have placed an order with us please be
assured that it will be shipped in a timely manner. Happy Holidays.
Old December 14th 05, 02:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 20:42:58 -0500, Rich wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/cc2c7

I think the story told on this blog page
http://thomashawk.com/2005/12/pricer...-is-chaim.html
explains why I am being harassed. My site had information that helped this
bloggist. And I was conveniently local.

When that fellow started his priceritephoto postings it was picked up by
slashdot.org and my site was mentioned. By far my biggest bandwidth day.

Don www.donwiss.com (e-mail link at home page bottom).
Old December 14th 05, 03:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

While he didn't identify himself, he did say he was part of the Orthodox
Jewish community in Brooklyn.

That almost guarantees that the man is not Jewish. Red Herring. Bad juju on
the sucker that pulls crap like that.

Old December 14th 05, 03:32 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

"Lorem Ipsum" wrote in message
While he didn't identify himself, he did say he was part of the Orthodox
Jewish community in Brooklyn.

That almost guarantees that the man is not Jewish. Red Herring. Bad juju
on the sucker that pulls crap like that.

Herring?! - surely you mean gefilte fish?...

Old December 14th 05, 09:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Don Wiss wrote:
[...]

Generally, and Orthodox Jew wouldn't take any such terroristic action in
any case. What you have is an angry person who wants to hide behind a
religion as justification for his actions. Such people are dangerous.
Watch your back.
Old December 14th 05, 12:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

"sisal" wrote in message

"Lorem Ipsum" wrote in message
While he didn't identify himself, he did say he was part of the Orthodox
Jewish community in Brooklyn.

That almost guarantees that the man is not Jewish. Red Herring. Bad juju
on the sucker that pulls crap like that.

Herring?! - surely you mean gefilte fish?...

Start taking some notes.

Old December 14th 05, 02:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

You must be doing something right to **** off someone so much. I run
into this kind teenager **** from time to time - they're all bark, no bite.

--
jer