Canon 10d or Nikon D70.

Old August 12th 04, 11:47 PM
Drifter

On Thu, 12 Aug 2004 05:42:25 GMT, "David J Taylor"
wrote:

Drifter wrote:
On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 22:46:00 -0400, "Dmanfish"
wrote:

[]
On the other hand if you are looking at equipment for a "sports
shooter" maybe you should really consider the Canon 1D MkII. It is a
real "machine gun" for rapid sequence photography, assuming you have
the budget of course.

How does if compare with the Nikon D2H? Does it have the same remote
wireless support?

I don't know, never had the opportunity to use a D2H, sorry.

Drifter
"I've been here, I've been there..."
Old August 13th 04, 01:37 AM
Bruce Wilson

Default Canon 10d or Nikon D70.

"Bernhard Mayer" wrote in message
om...
"Dmanfish" wrote in message

*** snip

The other pros and cons don't really matter to me. Both had their
issue of AF backfocusing. The 10D has cleaner images most of the times
but is significantly more likely to blow highlights (typical Canon

*** snip

Please explain the term "AF backfocusing". New to Digital and learning ...
Thanx

Old August 13th 04, 02:27 AM
Jimmy Smith

10D has less noise in low light. is that important to you?

"Dmanfish" wrote in message
I am swithching a dozen sports and portrait photographers from film to
digital. I shoot the Canon digital SLRs and enjoy the technology. Are

there
any real reasons why to choose the 10d over the D70? What are the pros

and
cons? The Nikon rep praises his hardware as does the Canon rep. Can any
users help me? I know they are not apple to apple - but thats why I need

discover users experiences. Thanks in advance - please email responses to

Old August 13th 04, 03:27 AM
Paul Atreides

In article ,
"Jimmy Smith" wrote:

10D has less noise in low light. is that important to you?

The question is then how low? And what ISO,... and will you be using
flash.

Noise appears when under exposing,......using a flash 1600 iso is
measurably less noisy than ambient exposures at 1600.
--
To win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the
measure of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the

Old August 13th 04, 02:15 PM
Randall Ainsworth

In article , Bernhard
Mayer wrote:

Simple. I believe that when you spend more time fiddling with the
picture than taking the picture, something is fundamentally wrong.

Yeah...but it doesn't take that much time. When I bring my 10D RAW
images into Photoshop, about all I usually have to do is bring up the
shadow level. Even when more adjustment is required, it takes less
than a minute.

I think RAW is a pain in my buttocks. Some people may have the fetish
to play around with Photoshop, Bibble or the like. But what it comes
down to is: Shooting RAW is fixing the faults of the camera using
another technology. It's like telling analogue peole to always develop
their own film while always applying compensation of whatever kind on
a per picture basis... because the camera cannot do better.

I want the best possible quality. That means RAW. After all the hours
I spent in the darkroom through the years, a few minutes at the
computer is a small price to pay for quality.

The camera should be able to generate decent JPEG images suitable for
reproduction.

I need high quality TIFFs to have large prints made by a professional
lab.