Ready for the Apple Pro 32" 6K XDR display

Old June 18th 19, 06:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper[_2_]

Default Ready for the Apple Pro 32" 6K XDR display

On Tue, 18 Jun 2019 15:39:19 -0000 (UTC), Incubus
wrote:

It doesn't matter whether it failed or how realistic it was; those are red
herrings. According to the definition as used in computing where virtual means
"being on or simulated on a computer or computer network"[*] then the term
Virtual Reality was reasonably applied at the time we are talking about.

There are many things that have been described with terms that are not
truly accurate. I went to the movie "Creature from the Black Lagoon"
in 1955 {?) that was in "3-D". It wasn't in 3-D. There was a 3-D
effect produced by the polarized light projection and the polarized
filter viewers provided to audience members.

I didn't see it, but the 1973 release that required the red-and-blue
glasses provided even less of 3-D effect according to contemporary
reviews.

I also owned a "High Fidelity" sound system that provided more
fidelity of sound than the sound system that I replaced with it, but
"high" is certainly a debatable description of the early systems.

The terms were acceptably accurate for the time, but not accurate in
retrospect.

--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida