Newbie info on memorysticks

Old November 14th 04, 06:35 PM
Rtavi

Thanks everyone I ended up buying a Sandisk 512MB Memorystick pro card at
Circuit City. after $20 instant rebate and $10 mailin rebate it const $89.99
before taxes

Without the info from the group I would probbly overpaid to buy a Sony card

Thank you all-Bill

---

Old November 17th 04, 01:54 PM
jayjay

I bought 1 Gig Sandisk from Newegg.com for $132. Great price and good
service. Used it in my DSC-V3 and found it to have excellent video
performance.

Old November 17th 04, 07:15 PM
Big Bill

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 08:54:51 -0500, "jayjay" wrote:

I bought 1 Gig Sandisk from Newegg.com for $132. Great price and good
service. Used it in my DSC-V3 and found it to have excellent video
performance.

Prices on CF cards (indeed, most FlashRAM media) are going down.
About 3 weeks ago, I bought a 1 Gig 'FlashCard' brand Cf card from
Fry's Electronics for under $50 after rebate.
It works just fine in my DR.

--
Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"

Old December 1st 04, 10:20 PM

Jer writes:
Holy crap, what happened? did I make a wrong turn into the twilight
zone or something? is that you Rod?

A spammer is posting these to a lot of newsgroups, with followups
set to news.admin.net-abuse.email. The aim is apparently to flood that
group with posts such as yours.

Followups set to news.admin.net-abuse.email.

Old January 1st 05, 07:15 AM
Pete D

"Gymmy Bob" wrote in message
It depends on the hardware application. The data will only travel as fast
as
the slowest item, your memory or the interface it is plugged in to. Hard
tell until you see different. Spend a few more buck to get the faster
ones.
I wouldn't be a captive audience with the Sony either (myself) and I have
herd many negatives about Sony battery life.

He wasn't asking about batteries, he already has the camera, the W1's are
good on batteries anyway.