Windows 10. Horrible!

Old November 11th 17, 11:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Windows 10. Horrible!

On 11/11/2017 5:05 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I don;t want a 14" screen for working on thanks I have a 27 inch screen at
home and at work I also have a 24" screen dula monitors.

and and a keyboard and you
can't connect external HDDs to them.

I can have cloud storage and as much as I want.

The cloud won't help in places where there is no connectivity (or poor
connectivity).

which is very rare, but you can always download whatever is needed
before you visit those locations, so it's a non-issue.

Not always.

yes always.

There are lots of things that cannot be DL, without
additional cost.

cost isn't the issue, and is not applicable for one's own files anyway.

once again, you're arguing just to argue.

twisting again.

--
PeterN

Old November 12th 17, 04:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 11/11/2017 6:12 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I don;t want a 14" screen for working on thanks I have a 27 inch screen
at
home and at work I also have a 24" screen dula monitors.

and and a keyboard and you
can't connect external HDDs to them.

I can have cloud storage and as much as I want.

The cloud won't help in places where there is no connectivity (or poor
connectivity).

which is very rare, but you can always download whatever is needed
before you visit those locations, so it's a non-issue.

Not always.

yes always.

There are lots of things that cannot be DL, without
additional cost.

cost isn't the issue, and is not applicable for one's own files anyway.

once again, you're arguing just to argue.

twisting again.

nope.

Saying "nope" in your response, is equivalent to our President saying
"believe me."

--
PeterN
Old November 12th 17, 05:34 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , PeterN
wrote:

[...]

maybe one day you can discuss things rather than attack.

i expect that day to be *after* there is a *new* president.
Old November 13th 17, 10:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Friday, 10 November 2017 21:02:58 UTC, Alfred Molon wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave says...

I don;t want a 14" screen for working on thanks I have a 27 inch screen
at home and at work I also have a 24" screen dula monitors.

and and a keyboard and you
can't connect external HDDs to them.

I can have cloud storage and as much as I want.

The cloud won't help in places where there is no connectivity (or poor
connectivity).

One more thing, the notebook comes with Windows, meaning you can run all
Windows software on it.

Wow what an advantage, one wonders why all PC users don't opt for this
laptop, maybe they know better.
A mac can run mac software and PC software.

Macs are PCs...
--
teleportation kills
Old November 13th 17, 03:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Macs are PCs...

Not for this decusion, but then again why can;t a phone or tablet be called a
personal computer ?

it can, and is.

because they are computers and far more personal than the average desk top.

yep.
Old November 13th 17, 03:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

On Monday, 13 November 2017 10:45:30 UTC, android wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

[...]

personal computer ? because they are computers and far more personal than the
average desk top.

Sure they are. Macs are PCs by any meaningful definition just like Linux
desktops are. I have one under mine as it are! Phones and pads/tabs are
mobile devices...
--
teleportation kills
Old November 13th 17, 03:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Macs are PCs...

Not for this decusion, but then again why can;t a phone or tablet be called
personal computer ?

it can, and is.

no it can't. they are devices

because they are computers and far more personal than the average desk top.

yep.

they are not computers in the traditional sense more than, let's say a
pocket calculator...
--
teleportation kills
Old November 13th 17, 03:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

Macs are PCs...

Not for this decusion, but then again why can;t a phone or tablet be
called
personal computer ?

it can, and is.

no it can't. they are devices

everything is a device.

because they are computers and far more personal than the average desk
top.

yep.

they are not computers in the traditional sense more than, let's say a
pocket calculator...

oh yes they are.
Old November 13th 17, 04:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

In article ,
nospam wrote:

In article , android
wrote:

Macs are PCs...

Not for this decusion, but then again why can;t a phone or tablet
be
called a personal computer ?

it can, and is.

no it can't. they are devices

everything is a device.

not every devices are created equal. computers can be used as devices
but not the other way around.

wrong

not so

because they are computers and far more personal than the average
desk
top.

yep.

they are not computers in the traditional sense more than, let's say a
pocket calculator...

oh yes they are.

nope. a calculator have input processing and memory capabilities and
output. but they are not computers in a practical sense even if some
have more computing power than early computers.

i'm not talking about calculators, but they could be considered to be a
very simple computer.

no. they are more like electronic abacuses...

smartphones are in every way a computer, just one that fits in a
pocket. recent smartphones are more capable than what most people have
on their desk.

some seem to have more processing power but that does not mean that they
are more capable nor versatile...
--
teleportation kills