FOR SALE: TOYOTA FJ CRUISER

Old August 27th 07, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
D_Mac

Default FOR SALE: TOYOTA FJ CRUISER

On Aug 27, 2:19 am, Alan Browne
wrote:
Annika1980 wrote:
Dog extra.

http://www.pbase.com/image/84455323

Saw one just like it yesterday evening... looks like a fun SUV but
2-door... that really sucks. How much gas does it suck?

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/23035.shtml

Ouch! (19 Gal. Tank @ $2.80 / gal = $47.60 to fill up (17 Gal.)).

17 Gal will take you 16*17 = 272 miles. OUCH!

(440 km / tank... that's gotta hurt).

You will definitely get more mileage with a 1Ds Mk III.

Cheers,
Alan

Amen to that!.
My Mitsubishi 4x4 micro bus had a turbo charged, intercooled diesel.
It was imported second hand from Japan (never sold 'em new in Aus). It
could barely manage 12 mile to the (imperial) gallon around town. Less
on the beach and maybe without a head wind, 15 -18 on the highway.
Someone said I' get more mileage if I uncoupled the trailer from it
but I reckon it looks cool towing a house boat through the desert!
You can't have all that sheet metal and steel and not need some grunt
to haul it around. Fuel in Australia is a little cheaper that you
quote but not so much less I can see much spare change.

Get rid of it Bret. Personal plates on this baby will just make it
(and you) a target for thieves. Besides... Have you priced insurance
for it yet? If you thought the Altima was long lasting and cheap to
own, guess what? - they are. Just wait for the bill from the second
service of this blue baby hits you and you'll need to have the title
to the ranch handy for the bank loan. And you thought a Mk III was
expensive? Not even in the league with this truck!

Don't forget the 1Ds you said I could have too, when you finally do
unload it, will you?

Doug

Old August 27th 07, 01:44 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Paul Furman

Alan Browne wrote:

Annika1980 wrote:

Dog extra.

http://www.pbase.com/image/84455323

Saw one just like it yesterday evening... looks like a fun SUV but
2-door... that really sucks. How much gas does it suck?

http://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/23035.shtml

Ouch! (19 Gal. Tank @ $2.80 / gal = $47.60 to fill up (17 Gal.)).

17 Gal will take you 16*17 = 272 miles. OUCH!

(440 km / tank... that's gotta hurt).

16mpg yikes, yes I've seen them around, pretty cool looking in a
transformers/tonka toy way but big.

You will definitely get more mileage with a 1Ds Mk III.

Indeed.
Old August 27th 07, 06:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

On Aug 26, 7:11 pm, Pudentame wrote:

Where did you find PREMIUM @ $2.80/gal?

$2.75 here.