Darkroom software Help

Old August 10th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

Default Darkroom software Help

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
ink.net...
"j" wrote
Can I run an Omega Chromegacontrol power unit from [a Darkroom Automation
F-Stop] timer?

http://www.nolindan.com/da/fstop/

If the Chromegatrol can plug into a regular ole'
GraLab/Time-O-Lite/Beseler timer then the answer is
yes.

Darn. It doesn't. The Chromegacontrol is a power stabilizer, transformer,
capacitor and timer all in one.. one honkin big POS. I'm now looking for a
conventional head to get past that.

Old August 10th 06, 12:52 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom

"Claudio Bonavolta" wrote in message
oups.com...

In my case, the software is developped with Borland Delphi and uses the
standard Windows DLL

Ah, well my Windoze XP-Pro doesn't have the DLL(s) you used, so it fails
when it tries to call them.

Old August 10th 06, 01:14 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Claudio Bonavolta

j a écrit :

"Claudio Bonavolta" wrote in message
oups.com...

In my case, the software is developped with Borland Delphi and uses the
standard Windows DLL

Ah, well my Windoze XP-Pro doesn't have the DLL(s) you used, so it fails
when it tries to call them.

These dlls are the Labjack driver available on the page where my system
is described.
If you can't find the link, just use this direct one:
http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/files/U12SetupV118b.exe

or on the Labjack downloads page:
http://www.labjack.com/files/U12SetupV118f.exe
This version is slightly newer and I haven't tested it yet but should
work.

The wet side program does not require this driver as it doesn't use any
hardware and should work as is.

Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch

Old August 10th 06, 01:34 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Claudio Bonavolta

j a écrit :

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
ink.net...
"j" wrote
Can I run an Omega Chromegacontrol power unit from [a Darkroom Automation
F-Stop] timer?

http://www.nolindan.com/da/fstop/

If the Chromegatrol can plug into a regular ole'
GraLab/Time-O-Lite/Beseler timer then the answer is
yes.

Darn. It doesn't. The Chromegacontrol is a power stabilizer, transformer,
capacitor and timer all in one.. one honkin big POS. I'm now looking for a
conventional head to get past that.

Hmmm, couldn't you let the Chromegacontrol always ON an insert a serial
timer/switch between it and the lamp ?

My system is somewhat similar: I use a DC stabilized power supply which
can't be driven by operating its mains because of it has a consequent
rise/fall time due to internal capacity.
I opted for a DC switch (a large MOS-FET accepting 50A and driven by a
TTL level input) between the supply and lamp. I actually drive it with
my system but you can use whatever timer able to output a TTL level
when ON.

Nicholas may probably make an optional device that plugs in his AC
switching output and generates this TTL level together with the MOS-FET
switch.
This can be useful for several other enlargers types.
The MOS-FET subsystem can't be simpler and is detailed in my hardware
page:
http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/pho...e.htm#DCSwitch
Of course, you may use a relay based system instead if you prefer.

Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch

Old August 10th 06, 05:37 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Greg \_\

Darn. It doesn't. The Chromegacontrol is a power stabilizer, transformer,
capacitor and timer all in one.. one honkin big POS. I'm now looking for a
conventional head to get past that.

One can get a standard power supply which weighs half as much and can be
attached to a separate timer of choice. So there really is no need to
get a new lamphouse if that one works.
--
Reality-Is finding that perfect picture
and never looking back.

www.gregblankphoto.com
Old August 10th 06, 05:53 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lloyd Erlick

August 10, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

Claudio, would your surname translate into
English as 'Good Volts' ?? (or maybe
Goodvolts)

It would certainly be appropriate ...

regards,
--le

Old August 10th 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
David Nebenzahl

Lloyd Erlick spake thus:

Claudio, would your surname translate into
English as 'Good Volts' ?? (or maybe
Goodvolts)

It would certainly be appropriate ...

I'm guessing more like "good turn", no?

--
In order to embark on a new course, the only one that will
solve the problem: negotiations and peace with the Palestinians,

Because it's only with enemies that one makes peace.

- Uri Avnery, Israeli writer and peace activist with Gush Shalom.
(http://counterpunch.org/avnery08032006.html)
Old August 10th 06, 07:07 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Claudio Bonavolta

Lloyd Erlick a écrit :
August 10, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

Claudio, would your surname translate into
English as 'Good Volts' ?? (or maybe
Goodvolts)

It would certainly be appropriate ...

regards,
--le

Unfortunately, I'm not a descendant of Alessandro Volta:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volta
whose name was given to the unit of measure :-)

In my surname, it means more "time", as in "Once upon a time, ...", so a
closer translation would be "Goodtime" (not sure it is) :-)

Cheers,
Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch
Old August 10th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Claudio Bonavolta

David Nebenzahl a écrit :
Lloyd Erlick spake thus:

Claudio, would your surname translate into
English as 'Good Volts' ?? (or maybe
Goodvolts)

It would certainly be appropriate ...

I'm guessing more like "good turn", no?

I haven't thought of this one, not bad !
I did 7 years of motorcycle racing :-))

Something related to photography ?

Thanks,
Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch
Old August 10th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lloyd Erlick

On Thu, 10 Aug 2006 20:07:46 +0200, Claudio
Bonavolta wrote:

In my surname, it means more "time", as in "Once upon a time, ...", so a
closer translation would be "Goodtime" (not sure it is) :-)

Cheers,
Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch

August 10, 2006, from Lloyd Erlick,

No kidding! It's still appropriate for the
software you're discussing!

regards,
--le