Kentmere Papers Now Directly Available in USA?

Old January 25th 05, 08:37 PM
Lloyd usenet-Erlick

jan2505 from Lloyd Erlick,

I wouldn't argue with a word you've said. But as an
outsider I'd expect to be chastised for being so blunt,
or outspoken, or pig-headed, or ingrate, were I to say
it.

Your explication brings to mind the transition of
ancient Rome from its republican start (not
Republican!) to its degenerative imperial period, full
of self centered emperors empowered first by various
gods and then by God.

I'm trying to think of graded papers made in England...

regards,
--le

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:17:08 -0700, Tom Phillips
wrote:

Lloyd usenet-Erlick wrote:

snip...

Now another Republican comes along and starts setting
new federal deficit-financing records in the US. Pardon
me for saying, but this looks very bad from the
outside. Does it look good to anyone on the inside of
the US economy? Who would it be that thinks it's a good
thing? Who is benefiting?

But Lloyd you miss the point of all this. Deficits
are the major strategy of the Reagan Revolution neocons.
Being the anti-government zealots they are (meaning
their view is government shouldn't be in the business
of doing things for those citizens who's taxes pay to
run that government...), their strategy is to cut taxes
(mainly for CEOs to the tune of a trillion $$$), run
up a massive deficit thus creating a crisis, then cut
all government spending that isn't _pentagon_ related.
You'll notice in the new projections Bush's $100 billion
war expenditures aren't consider a part of this year's
deficit figures...

Fiscal conservatives always used to say it was wrong to
saddle our descendants with such a large debt. When did
the Republicans stop being fiscal conservatives?

When they stopped being conservatives...

In both our countries (Canada and USA) we see the
spectacle of so-called conservatives applying words
like reform and revolution to their activities. I
believe Bush used the word reform just the other day.

Yes, reform government by the people and for the people
to government by and for the CEOs...

snip again...

An American friend of mine remarked the other day that
we all should pray for the continued good health of
President Bush, because Vice President Cheney looks
even scarier! I remember exactly the same thing being
said about Spiro Agnew in Nixon times.

I would beg to differ. Cheney _is_ the president
You don't think a guy who spent the first 40 years
of his life blowing cocaine up his nose and
rearranging his brain has really been running this
country for the last 4 years, do you? ;^)

I'm afraid I've lost the thread -- exactly what was
wrong with Al Gore again?

Nothing. He actually won in 2000...

Old January 25th 05, 09:36 PM
Andrew Price

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:24:40 -0500, Lloyd usenet-Erlick Lloyd at
@the-wire. dot com wrote:

[---]

Sardonic humour doesn't stop the very real effects --
on the whole world -- of additional trillions of
dollars of debt.

I'm glad that I've finished paying off my mortgage.
Old January 25th 05, 09:44 PM
Gregory Blank

Lloyd usenet-Erlick Lloyd at @the-wire. dot com wrote:

Shunning intelligent leadership is self-defeating. It also makes
the neighbours nervous.

Well, we both agree there are many good people in The USA, as well
as abroad. He either won fair and square or he did not. Time will
tell fro sure, because a true tyrant can never resist trying to keep the
power hold that they think they have gained "fairly".

There's no way in hell he will get another term, if that's any
consolation, there are just too many people opposed to him.

to the American public."--Theodore Roosevelt, May 7, 1918
Old January 25th 05, 10:29 PM
Tom Phillips

Lloyd usenet-Erlick wrote:

jan2505 from Lloyd Erlick,

I wouldn't argue with a word you've said. But as an
outsider I'd expect to be chastised for being so blunt,
or outspoken, or pig-headed, or ingrate, were I to say
it.

I think globalization means political opinion
is globally valid.

Your explication brings to mind the transition of
ancient Rome from its republican start (not
Republican!) to its degenerative imperial period, full
of self centered emperors empowered first by various
gods and then by God.

This is what's happening. But instead of a king-god
or pope-god, we will have an evangelical right wing
talk radio-god. The real God must be amused by all
this self important human arrogance and historical
repetition.

I'm trying to think of graded papers made in England...

On topic, does anyone know how Kentmere compares to
other cold tone graded papers, like Seagull?

Old January 25th 05, 10:53 PM
David Starr

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:23:59 -0700, Tom Phillips
wrote:

One has to consider the absurdity of Bush and his
so-called mission from God and apply appropriate
sardonic humor.

Jake & Elwood could relate.

Professional Shop Rat: 14,573 days in a GM plant.
Old January 26th 05, 01:40 AM
jrplatinum

Ken,

Prices for the first shipment of Kentmere papers from Freestyle Photo
are now up on their web site at www.freestylephoto.biz. The first
shipment does not include the cold tone graded bromide papers.

Old January 26th 05, 01:44 AM
jrplatinum

Steve,

Luminos had been marketing some of the Kentmere papers in the U.S. Now
Luminos is not handling the Kentmere papers. Freestyle Photo is the
exclusive Kentmere distributor in the U.S. The first of the product
should be available in the next couple of weeks.

John Richardson

Old January 26th 05, 01:46 AM
jrplatinum

Ken,

The Kentmere paper is going through customs as we speak. When we have
it in stock depends on the government. Thanks for the great
compliments!

John Richardson

Old January 26th 05, 04:55 AM
Lloyd usenet-Erlick

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 22:36:55 +0100, Andrew Price
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 15:24:40 -0500, Lloyd usenet-Erlick Lloyd at
@the-wire. dot com wrote:

[---]

Sardonic humour doesn't stop the very real effects --
on the whole world -- of additional trillions of
dollars of debt.

I'm glad that I've finished paying off my mortgage.

jan2505 from Lloyd Erlick,

Do you have children or grand-children?