Acufine and Tri-X

Old August 27th 04, 03:54 AM
G. Edward Marti

Default Acufine and Tri-X

I was wondering if anyone has tried (or better yet, is using) the new
Tri-X 400[400TX] film with Acufine? I was told acufine is an excellent
way to push Tri-x with a minimal loss in speed, but I'm not sure about
the development times. I tried calling the company that sells it (BKA)
and the company who makes it (techchem), but they couldn't help at
all. I even tried calling some photographic press agencies, because I
heard that many (if not most) photojournalists used to use that
combination, but I couldn't get any info.

In particular, I'm interested in pushing my Tri-X to EI800. How does
the development time depend on temperature and dilution with this
combo? Is it different from the old Tri-X? The label on the can says 5
min. for Tri-X EI1000 at 21C, but several websites said not to believe
that.

Thank you in advance,
Ed
Old August 29th 04, 11:36 PM
John Stockdale

Frank Pittel wrote in message ...
:
: In particular, I'm interested in pushing my Tri-X to EI800. How does
: the development time depend on temperature and dilution with this
: combo? Is it different from the old Tri-X? The label on the can says 5
: min. for Tri-X EI1000 at 21C, but several websites said not to believe
: that.
:
: Thank you in advance,
: Ed

: I used to use UFG, a similar product. If you need more speed than
: Tri-x 400, don't puish film, use a faster one. Fuji Neopan 1600 is
: about 800 speed.

My understanding of Acufine is that like Diafine it's a speed enhancing
developer. There's no push involved.

Acufine is like Microphen. It will give a bit more speed than D76 and
would be very good for 800. Diafine is a 2 bath dev and gives a speed
increase and a different look. Do a search.

Old August 30th 04, 12:09 AM
john

May I suggest that Mr. Pittel and Scarpetti put each other into their
respective killfiles?

Old August 30th 04, 12:09 AM
john

Old August 30th 04, 01:42 AM
Frank Pittel

john wrote:
: May I suggest that Mr. Pittel and Scarpetti put each other into their
: respective killfiles?

I tried that once last year but I kept getting his posts through the replies to
his posts.