P3200 T-Max film in differant developers

Old October 19th 05, 08:36 PM
UC

Default P3200 T-Max film in differant developers

Teacher? Why to you call him 'teacher'?

I'm the goddamned teacher....

Draco wrote:
Thank you all for your comments and suggestions. I will pass them on to
the teacher.

Keep working for the tradition darkrooms. They are going to be a thing
of the past if we don't.

Draco

Getting Even isn't good enough.

Old October 19th 05, 08:59 PM
David Nebenzahl

On 10/18/2005 12:35 PM Draco spake thus:

Rodinal can be a fine grain developer. I've used it with TechPan.

Rodinal a fine-grain developer? Perhaps on whatever planet you're from, but
definitely *not* here on Earth. Rodinal has many interesting properties, but
fineness of grain ain't one of them.

And it doesn't matter that you used it with a slow, fine-grain film like Tech
Pan; that doesn't make Rodinal a fine-grain developer. Try that film in almost
any other developer (say, D-76/ID-11, or better yet Microdol-X or equivalent)
to see how much finer the grain is.

--
.... asked to comment on Michigan governor George Romney's remark that
the army had "brainwashed" him in Vietnam—-a remark which knocked Romney

(Eugene McCarthy, onetime candidate for POTUS)

Old October 19th 05, 09:02 PM
David Nebenzahl

On 10/19/2005 12:36 PM UC spake thus:

Teacher? Why to you call him 'teacher'?

I'm the goddamned teacher....

No, now you're revealing yourself (yet again) as a prescriptive Nazi.

Look, the guy asked how to achieve grainy photographs. He didn't ask for
approval or disapproval, but merely for technical advice on how to achieve
that effect. So it isn't your place to condemn his (or his teacher's) esthetic
sensibilities. Either contribute some information, or, better yet, shut the
**** up.

Old October 19th 05, 09:52 PM
Draco

David,
I have used Rodinal on tri-x and plus-x and have gotten better
results than with D-76/ID-11 almost as good with Microdol-x liquid. So
here on planet Earth it seems to work fine.

Thanks for the information on that idiot.

But of course that is my opinion and I could be wrong.

Old October 19th 05, 09:57 PM
UC

You're clueless....

Rodinal is a grainy developer, made for SHEET FILM, formulated in the
19th century!

Old October 19th 05, 09:59 PM
UC

TMZ was actually designed to be (gasp!)

A FINE-GRAINED FILM!!!!!!!!!!

Who the **** told you to screw it up?

Tell him to shove it up his ass!

Old October 19th 05, 10:03 PM
UC

I'm sick and tired of these imbecilic 'photo instructors' who are so
****ing clueless...telling students all the wrong ****...

You tell 'em to go **** themselves!

Old October 19th 05, 10:33 PM
Draco

uc
I am not a teacher of photography. I am a photographer and have been
for over thirty years. I have searched for your posts on a number of
subjects and for the most part you come across as a sane and rational
person. So if I have offended you on this subject, I do appologize.

If you can't handle that then I don't care. I have done to much and
been to many places to be in a p!$$ ing contest with some one who seems
to be off their meds.

As I have said before thank you all for your information and comments.
I have passed this on to the teacher who has asked for my help in this
matter.