Take a look...

Old April 16th 04, 09:00 AM
Celt

Default Take a look...

In article ,
says...

Study the photos of great photographers. Look at the placement of
objects inside the frame.

Starting with Ansel Adams ?

For instance. Or Man Ray, Cindy Sherman, Cartier-Bresson, Joseph Koudelka,
Duane Michaels, Dirk Braeckman, Brassai, Robert Adams, William Eggleston,
the magnum-family (
http://www.magnumphotos.com), August Sander, Bernd &
Hilla Becher, Dieter Appelt, Araki Nobuyoshi, Lee Friedlander, ... and I'm
sure everyone on this newsgroup can drop dozens of other names that they
find worth looking at. Too bad googling for 'famous photographer' won't be
any help. Maybe visiting your local library might be useful to discover some
new heroes.

Have you heard about Tomislav Peternek ?
Old April 16th 04, 05:40 PM
Philippe Lauwers

"Celt" schreef in bericht
[...]

Not yet, but if google has, I soon will too ;-)

Old April 16th 04, 05:57 PM
drhowarddrfinedrhoward

I didn't mean which way he was facing, I meant you are too far away from his
face.

Old April 16th 04, 06:43 PM
Celt

In article ,
says...

[...]

Don`t think google will give satisfaying results. You`ll get his home
page, anyway... I think that he has a version in english, also.
Old April 17th 04, 12:08 AM
John

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:35:09 +0200, "Philippe Lauwers"
wrote:

I'm sure there's a lot of potential in your index-finger (you know, the one
that presses the shutter-release), you just have to find a way to squeeze it
out ;-)

A cable release works well. It tends to slow down the body so
that the mind can catch up.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.darkroompro.com
Please remove the "_" when replying via email
Old April 19th 04, 01:19 PM
CCDee

Electros. I love that camera. I have two. I think the lens' give great
results. Back to your battery question. Just use the standard 6 volt
replacement battery and compensate with your ASA dial, 80 ASA instead of
100, 320 ASA instead of 400 etc. works great

"Celt" wrote in message
says...
at some of my pics. They`re probably stupid but hey, I`m still learning

Feel free to comment..

http://solair.eunet.yu/~ivan-nik/

I forgot to mention, they`re taken with g 35 electro Yashica. Antique
camera..

Old April 26th 04, 08:47 PM
CCDee

ISO, DIN, ASA is all the same thing really a scale for measuring film speed.
The orginal battery for the Electros was a 5.6V and the 6.0 works but your
negs will be a bit underexposed. By rotating the dial on top of the Electro
body from 100 down to 80 (or even 50) you'll add a bit more density to your
neg.

"Celt" wrote in message
In article CtPgc.178953$Ig.46779@pd7tw2no,
says...
Electros. I love that camera. I have two. I think the lens' give great
results. Back to your battery question.

yeah Too bad you can`t change objectives... Plus, I don`t have even
those one you could buy in a package with camera...

Just use the standard 6 volt
replacement battery and compensate with your ASA dial, 80 ASA instead of
100, 320 ASA instead of 400 etc. works great

Wow, wait. HOW to comepnsate ASA ?

And, I`m ashamed to ask this, but what is ASA ? As far as know, that`s
something about film reaction to light or something like that... ??