Take a look...

Old April 14th 04, 10:32 AM
Robert Vervoordt

Default Take a look...

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:21:46 +0200, Celt wrote:

In article ,
says...
Your subject matter is excellent. Very interesting. But your composition
is awful. There is no art to it.

Ok, thanks. What do you think I should... perform ?

Study the photos of great photographers. Look at the placement of
objects inside the frame.

lso seems to be overexposed and not
much contrast making them look dull. Could be the labs fault though.

I think it`s fault of my scanner Pics are with "live" colors and
better focused in reality than scanned...

John said Air pollution, and he's probably hit on one problem.
Another is the missed focus in some of the pictures, especialy the one
of the young man in front of the statues. The ground in front of him
continues to get sharper as it gets closer to the bottom of the frame;
sharper as it gets nearer. Could this be a problem with the
rangefinder camera's mechanism?

The composition here would be improved by placing the subject so that
there is more "empty" space in front front of him , in the direction
of his gaze.

Look up something on rules of compostion; a book, at least. This is
not to suggest slavishly following all the rules, just being made
aware of them can get you going.

That Yashica can take pretty good pictures when it get's help.

Robert Vervoordt, MFA
Old April 14th 04, 02:16 PM
drhowarddrfinedrhoward

My grandparents are from Budapest which makes us brothers!

Old April 14th 04, 02:26 PM
drhowarddrfinedrhoward

Composition is something difficult to explain in a newsgroup so finding a
book would be better. However, there are websites that talk about it.
Search for "rule of thirds" and "the golden ratio". Those are basic and
there is more to it than that. Artists draw using geometric forms,
arranging their subjects on triangles and circles or curves. Further study
involves contrasting light, colors and textures.

Your first assignment would be basic placement of your subject into an
interesting arrangement. The main subject does not have to be dead center
but on a line 1/3 from the left or right. There's nothing wrong with center
placement but it's over used and sometimes boring.

Get close to your subject so we can see what's important about him. The
young man's clothes are interesting but we're all drawn to his facial
features and hair. You might let him fill the frame more but make the
background more interesting without distracting us from him. My curiosity
was, what was he standing in front of? But you didn't show that.

Old April 14th 04, 03:48 PM
Celt

In article ,
says...
My grandparents are from Budapest which makes us brothers!

It`s a nice city, but I`m from Belgrade
Old April 14th 04, 04:15 PM
Celt

In article ,
says...
at some of my pics. They`re probably stupid but hey, I`m still learning

Feel free to comment..

http://solair.eunet.yu/~ivan-nik/

another pic, bird house, this one taken in Essen, Germany