What is close to Agfa Brovira

Old January 17th 05, 02:29 AM

Why? That stuff was crap.

Old January 17th 05, 03:43 AM

I used it: once. It was horrible. I could not get the highlights to
print at all, when they printed just fine with Ilfobrom, using
comparable grades.

Old January 17th 05, 03:53 AM
jjs

wrote in message
oups.com...
Why? That stuff was crap.

I see you still have a way with word.

Old January 17th 05, 03:56 AM
jjs

wrote in message
oups.com...
I used it: once. It was horrible. I could not get the highlights to
print at all, when they printed just fine with Ilfobrom, using
comparable grades.

Sure, sure. You are probably confusing fogged paper with highlight exposure.
I printed not ONE but thousands of images on Brovira. It was a fine paper.

Old January 17th 05, 04:03 AM
jjs

"Jean-David Beyer" wrote in message

[...] grades 4, 5, and 6 were quite beautiful, IMAO.

Grade 6 was darned near litho-like. I don't think I ever had a negative that
has to be printed on 6.

I also liked New Oriental Seagull, Ilford Galerie (until it got hard to
get), and my favorite was Kodak Elite Fine Art (until they discontinued
it).

This is getting depressing.

Old January 17th 05, 04:41 AM
LR Kalajainen

I didn't like Brovira when I first tried it because I didn't know about
the difference in grades from other papers. So, printing on a #2, I was
not getting the results I liked. Then I learned that I really needed a
#3 to get a "normal" contrast, and I liked it just fine.

Currently, MCC 111, while it is somewhat "warmer" in tone than Brovira,
does continue the tradition of giving very good shadow detail and
contrast. Which is why it is my standard paper.

Jean-David Beyer wrote:

wrote:

Why? That stuff was crap.

That is going too far, and useless without reasons.

I liked the harder grades of Brovira very much. Remember their grades
were all about a grade softer than from other manufacturers, so their
grade 3 or grade 4 was about the same as other companies grade 2. The
lowest grades were too soft for any of my negatives, but grades 4, 5,
and 6 were quite beautiful, IMAO. They seemed a little bluer than
Kodak's papers at the time. Of course you could get Kodak's paper to
look something like that with benzotriazole in the developer. But it
was best to make your negatives to match the paper you were using. I
quit using it when it got hard to get. I also liked New Oriental

Old January 17th 05, 01:52 PM
Frank Pittel

jjs wrote:
: wrote in message