Bulk film loaders

Old September 1st 04, 03:57 PM
jjs

"John McGraw" wrote in message
om...
"jjs" wrote in message
"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message

The Nikon 250 exposure cassettes were the same as the Contax. Perfectly
interchangable.

No, I wasn't thinking of 250 exposure. I was thinking of regular ~36
exposure.
It seemed to me that they were proprietary, too, but now I don't see
how they could be. We need some catalogs from the '50s; '60s; '70s to
check this out.

Not the '50s. But I was there using them in the Sixties and Seventies.
Nikon had proprietary 36-exposure cassettes. The cassettes would open as you
turned the back-lock. An aside, the Nikon rangefinder motordrives were
basically the same as the Nikon F. But it is true that the 250 cassettes
were interchangable between the Contax and Nikon F-250.

I still have a few of those 36-exp cassettes for the rangefinder and F (a
tiny bit different). Got to ebay 'em one day.

Old September 1st 04, 08:29 PM
jerry gitomer

John McGraw wrote:
[ skipped ]

Didn't there used to be cartrages available that were designed to be
relaoded? They never came me w/ film in the first place. IIRC they had
a mechanical light trap rather than felt. It seems to me that Leica or
Contax made them. Boy, my memory is pretty sketchy on this. If they
were made, perhaps some could be found used today.
Also I started using Diafine in 1963. Great soup. Couldn't miss.
Replenished the 1st solution as the above poster said, but can't
remember if or how I did the 2nd. Probably as the company said.
Good luck to the OP finding good casettes w/o dust, John

You can still buy reloadable cartridges, although they do have
felt light traps. In the US you can buy them from Freestyle
Photographic Supplies (www.freestylephoto.biz) with DX coding
for ISO 100, ISO 400, or no DX coding.

HTH
Jerry

Old September 2nd 04, 12:59 AM
Nicholas O. Lindan

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message

The Nikon ones will only work in the F and F2.

And I have Nikon one that won't work in an F2.

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
Remove spaces etc. to reply: n o lindan at net com dot com
Old September 2nd 04, 07:30 PM
Dutchy

Geoffrey S. Mendelson wrote:

Leica, Zeiss (Contax) and Nikon made them. AFIK they were not interchangeable,
i.e. they would only work in the camera they were designed for.

Also Pentax, for the Spotmatics.

--
Dutchy

(but use digits)

Old September 3rd 04, 01:43 AM
John McGraw

"jjs" wrote in message
[...]

Hay John, Maybe Tina the OP might want to buy your reuseable cassettes, Dudley
Old September 3rd 04, 01:48 AM
jjs

"John McGraw" wrote in message
m...

(speaking to JJS)
Hay John, Maybe Tina the OP might want to buy your reuseable cassettes,
Dudley

I think I have one left. It is all brass, and possibly of the S-Rangefinder
genre. Tina can have it, gratis. It should go to a good home.

Old September 3rd 04, 12:17 PM
Tina

I've already purchase some cassetts locally and last night I got a Watson
66b (ebay)loader with the instructions for a few bucks....thanks for the
input people...muchly appreciated!
Tina

Old September 3rd 04, 02:41 PM
Paul W. Ross

B&W, of course. I have the Lloyd loader, tho others prefer the Watson.
I have had trouble with the plastic holders not rewinding in my Pentax
ZX-M, but fine in my Retina IIa. The metal ones work fine. You need
either DX-coded ones to match your film, or be able to manually set
the ISO rating on the camera. Also, you need one of those guides to
cut the leader. Indeed, a no-brainer.
Old September 3rd 04, 02:48 PM
jjs

"Paul W. Ross" wrote in message
om...
B&W, of course. I have the Lloyd loader, tho others prefer the Watson.

The Watson 66b is the only one I've found _reliable_ in reloading Nikon and
Leica cassettes because its detent to open and close the cassettes actually
worked.