my finest pic yet

Old September 21st 06, 05:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default my finest pic yet

well one of them anyway
check it out on http://marc.shutterchance.com

let me know what you think

Old September 21st 06, 07:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
bongo rule

wrote in message
ups.com...
well one of them anyway
check it out on http://marc.shutterchance.com

let me know what you think

her face is burnt out.

Old September 21st 06, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Helen

"bongo rule" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
well one of them anyway
let me know what you think

her face is burnt out.

I think you'll find it's supposed to be.
Doesn't make it a worthwhile picture though

Old September 21st 06, 09:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Funk

On 21 Sep 2006 09:27:50 -0700, wrote:

well one of them anyway
check it out on
http://marc.shutterchance.com

let me know what you think

As I've said many times, I have no art in me.
Thechnically, of course, the picture sucks.
I find it compelling, though.
--
Bill Funk
replace "g" with "a"
Old September 21st 06, 11:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Fred Lebow

Sorry
i don't like it

Fred

Old September 22nd 06, 01:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Heslop

"½ Confused" wrote:

On Thu, 21 Sep 2006 16:18:35 -0600
In message
"Fred Lebow" wrote:

Sorry
i don't like it

I don't either, but it's a style that has been (and is) selling like
hotcakes in some fashion and magazine markets. There's no logic when
it comes to commercial taste...

Jeff

Johnny - "I wouldn't say it is the best pic I have ever seen but that
kind of crash of red against the otherwise monochrome tone works well
for me. Always had a thing about red... red and black... black"

"Johnny..."

"Black... black as the pits of hell... black as the coal from the
devil's furnaces... black as"

"Johnny!"

"Black! BLACKNESS! Black as the cellar where daddy used to tie us!
black black black bla-"

*sound of easel hitting Johnny's head*

--
Paul (This sky, too, is folding under you)
Stop and Look
Old September 22nd 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

wrote:
well one of them anyway
check it out on
http://marc.shutterchance.com

let me know what you think

UGH!
Sorry, don't like this kind of picture, not at all.
Old September 22nd 06, 11:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
jpc

On 21 Sep 2006 09:27:50 -0700, wrote:

well one of them anyway
check it out on
http://marc.shutterchance.com

let me know what you think

Never look for compliments in rec.photo. digital. It goes agianst the
grain of this crowd

That said, I admit to doing similar pictures on occasion and
would have desaturated the red lips drasticly.

Tech tip

If yre working with photoshop or any other editor
that can do Lab mode, switch to that and do levels and
curve adjustments on the a & b channels You'll get yourself
some interesting colors.

jpc

Old September 24th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill Crocker

wrote in message
ups.com...
well one of them anyway
check it out on http://marc.shutterchance.com

let me know what you think

There is no texture in her skin...looks like latex rubber.

Bill Crocker

FA: Finest Linhof Darkroom Vacuum easel nawks Darkroom Equipment For Sale 0 September 6th 06 08:59 PM
Canon's finest imager, pixel per pixel RichA Digital SLR Cameras 9 April 10th 06 01:54 PM
Finest grained 35mm film? Gordon Moat 35mm Photo Equipment 6 June 27th 04 05:38 AM
Finest Grain moda In The Darkroom 5 March 30th 04 10:50 AM
Best way to get the finest grain from Agfa APX 100 ? Chris Wilkins Film & Labs 5 November 25th 03 03:50 PM