memory card reader/writer

Old July 1st 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pat[_5_]

Default memory card reader/writer

I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. If not, would someone
please direct me to the right place?

I use an Olympus C5050 camera. In order to show pictures on a TV (by
connecting the camera to the TV) I put a smart card into a Targus Memory
Card reader/writer and loaded pictures from my computer onto the card.

I put the smart card into the camera and the camera does not recognize that
there are any pictures on the card. The message on the camera reader is
[CF] No Picture.

Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks
Patricia

Old July 1st 07, 03:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray

On Sun, 01 Jul 2007 14:17:32 +0000, Pat wrote:

I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. If not, would someone
please direct me to the right place?

I use an Olympus C5050 camera. In order to show pictures on a TV (by
connecting the camera to the TV) I put a smart card into a Targus Memory
Card reader/writer and loaded pictures from my computer onto the card.

I put the smart card into the camera and the camera does not recognize that
there are any pictures on the card. The message on the camera reader is
[CF] No Picture.

Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks
Patricia

Some cameras will only recognize photos they have taken - and some, only
unedited photos.

In what folder did you place the photos? There is a very specific
directory heierarchy.

Old July 1st 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Shawn Hirn

In article ,
"Pat" wrote:

I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. If not, would someone
please direct me to the right place?

I use an Olympus C5050 camera. In order to show pictures on a TV (by
connecting the camera to the TV) I put a smart card into a Targus Memory
Card reader/writer and loaded pictures from my computer onto the card.

I put the smart card into the camera and the camera does not recognize that
there are any pictures on the card. The message on the camera reader is
[CF] No Picture.

Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

What you want to do is probably not possible with that type of camera.
You need to put the files back into the memory card in a way that the
camera expects them to be, but its probably not worth the effort.
Old July 1st 07, 04:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave[_6_]

"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
"Pat" wrote:

I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. If not, would
someone
please direct me to the right place?

I use an Olympus C5050 camera. In order to show pictures on a TV (by
connecting the camera to the TV) I put a smart card into a Targus Memory
Card reader/writer and loaded pictures from my computer onto the card.

I put the smart card into the camera and the camera does not recognize
that
there are any pictures on the card. The message on the camera reader is
[CF] No Picture.

Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

What you want to do is probably not possible with that type of camera.
You need to put the files back into the memory card in a way that the
camera expects them to be, but its probably not worth the effort.

Why not burn the pictures to a CD or DVD then use a DVD player to show the
pies on the TV?

DAVE
BRISTOL UK
http://djmp.co.uk/slr%201/

Old July 1st 07, 09:58 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ed Mullikin

When I want to upload prints back into my camera onto the camera's card for
later showing them on the TV screen I do a couple of things

1. Format the card while in the camera.
2. Take ONE photo with the newly formatted card.
3. Now, upload the photos from your computer into your camera in the same
directory on the camera's card that contains the newly photographed subject.

Works for me but I don't have your brand of camera. Nothing to lose.

"Dave" wrote in message
.uk...

Old July 1st 07, 11:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave Cohen

Ed Mullikin wrote:
When I want to upload prints back into my camera onto the camera's card for
later showing them on the TV screen I do a couple of things

1. Format the card while in the camera.
2. Take ONE photo with the newly formatted card.
3. Now, upload the photos from your computer into your camera in the same
directory on the camera's card that contains the newly photographed subject.

Works for me but I don't have your brand of camera. Nothing to lose.

"Dave" wrote in message
.uk...
"Shawn Hirn" wrote in message
"Pat" wrote:

[...]

You will also have to rename file to match what camera expects.
Dave Cohen
Old July 2nd 07, 01:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
tomcas

Pat wrote:
I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. If not, would someone
please direct me to the right place?

I use an Olympus C5050 camera. In order to show pictures on a TV (by
connecting the camera to the TV) I put a smart card into a Targus Memory
Card reader/writer and loaded pictures from my computer onto the card.

I put the smart card into the camera and the camera does not recognize that
there are any pictures on the card. The message on the camera reader is
[CF] No Picture.

Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks
Patricia

The easiest way to do this is to use the free software called tvwriter.
http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/s...e/imaging.html
Old July 2nd 07, 10:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron Hunter

Pat wrote:
I hope this is the right forum to ask this question. If not, would someone
please direct me to the right place?

I use an Olympus C5050 camera. In order to show pictures on a TV (by
connecting the camera to the TV) I put a smart card into a Targus Memory
Card reader/writer and loaded pictures from my computer onto the card.

I put the smart card into the camera and the camera does not recognize that
there are any pictures on the card. The message on the camera reader is
[CF] No Picture.

Can someone tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks
Patricia

Probably you have edited and recompressed the pictures. Some cameras
make assumptions as to the nature of the images on the card in order to
simplify the programming, and just won't display an image they didn't
write. The other likely problem is that your pictures aren't in the
correct folder on the card.
Old July 2nd 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Pat[_5_]

Thanks to all who responded. I wanted to do this to see if it would work.
I did copy pictures to a disk and that worked but they were not as sharp as
the ones that were shown directly from the camera.

Haven't tried the suggestion about formating the card, taking a picture and
then transferring other pictures but I will.

The pictures were in the proper directory on the card.

Again, thanks for all the help.
Patricia

t...