Selling Olympus Equipment

Old October 19th 05, 06:48 PM
Viggo

Default Selling Olympus Equipment

Check www.bulli.dk for Olympus stuff. Lenses can be used on new Olympus
digital cameras like the E-1, E-300 or E-500 (adapter necessary)

Best regards,
Viggo (Copenhagen - Denmark)

Old October 20th 05, 02:41 PM
Tony Polson

"Viggo" wrote:

Check www.bulli.dk for Olympus stuff. Lenses can be used on new Olympus
digital cameras like the E-1, E-300 or E-500 (adapter necessary)

Please post for sale messages on the marketplace newsgroups, not here.

Also - Buyer Beware. Most of the OM lenses produce very disappointing
results on the E Series digital SLRs.

Old November 17th 05, 02:10 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Actually, avid users report Zuikos (especially 21 f2, 90mm f2 macro) produce
fabulous results on the E-1, E-300 and E-500 (MF-1 adapter required.)

________________________
John Hermanson
Camtech Photo Services, Inc.
21 South Lane, Huntington, NY 11743-4714
631-424-2121 | www.zuiko.com
NEW email address!
____________________________________

Old November 18th 05, 12:05 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"John Hermanson" wrote:
"Tony Polson" wrote in message
.. .
"Viggo" wrote:

Also - Buyer Beware. Most of the OM lenses produce very disappointing
results on the E Series digital SLRs.

Actually, avid users report Zuikos (especially 21 f2, 90mm f2 macro) produce
fabulous results on the E-1, E-300 and E-500 (MF-1 adapter required.)

That is in no way inconsistent with what I wrote.

Unfortunately, most OM users are not "avid users" of rare and very
expensive lenses such as the Zuiko 21mm f/2, and most OM macro
shooters would have purchased much cheaper third party macro lenses
rather than the rare and comparatively expensive Zuiko 90mm f/2.

I accept that these might be stellar performers on the E Series DSLRs.
However, most of the more prosaic lenses that most OM owners have in
their outfits are less than stellar performers, which is why I wrote
the warning above, which I repeat for emphasis:

"Buyer Beware. Most of the OM lenses produce very disappointing
results on the E Series digital SLRs."

Note I said "most", not "all". Users of the rare and expensive Zuiko
21mm f/2 and 90mm f/2 macro can sleep soundly in their beds.

;-)

Old November 19th 05, 03:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 12:05:25 +0000, Tony Polson
wrote:

"Buyer Beware. Most of the OM lenses produce very disappointing
results on the E Series digital SLRs."

Are you saying these lens are disappointing when used with the E
series digital SLR's or are you including their performance on the OM
series of fine film cameras??

I have an OM-1 with several OM lens and I have no complaints about
their performance.

--
Colyn Goodson

http://www.colyngoodson.com
Old November 19th 05, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

"Viggo" wrote:

That is not the whole truth and I really wonder where you got this
information from?

A lot of detailed information as to which OM lenses produce good
results on the E Series bodies, and which do not, is available from
Olympus Europe. It includes recommendations of the ranges of
apertures that could be used with some lenses to obtain acceptable
results.

Outside that range, the results can be extremely disappointing, hence
the perceived need to issue advice. I am surprised that you were not
aware of this.

I would offer to send you a copy of this information by email, however
I have deleted it from my hard drive since I sold all my Olympus gear.

Old November 19th 05, 10:31 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Colyn wrote:
Tony Polson wrote:

"Buyer Beware. Most of the OM lenses produce very disappointing
results on the E Series digital SLRs."

Are you saying these lens are disappointing when used with the E
series digital SLR's or are you including their performance on the OM
series of fine film cameras??

The precise answer to your question is in my post, to which you
replied. What a pity you did not decide to read it before replying.

I have an OM-1 with several OM lens and I have no complaints about
their performance.

See above.

Old November 19th 05, 11:01 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On Sat, 19 Nov 2005 22:31:29 +0000, Tony Polson
wrote:

The precise answer to your question is in my post, to which you
replied. What a pity you did not decide to read it before replying.

Your answers are so convoluted, nobody can make anything of it.

--
Colyn Goodson

http://www.colyngoodson.com
Old November 19th 05, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Hi Tony

Well, a litte besser research next time would show you, that this list is
actually the list I uploaded and referred to in my posting (the one you
actually replied to

But thanks anyway. The list is quite hard to find on the Olympus homepage.
If you still are interested in it, just click on the link in my posting

"Viggo" wrote:

That is not the whole truth and I really wonder where you got this
information from?

A lot of detailed information as to which OM lenses produce good
results on the E Series bodies, and which do not, is available from
Olympus Europe. It includes recommendations of the ranges of
apertures that could be used with some lenses to obtain acceptable
results.

Outside that range, the results can be extremely disappointing, hence
the perceived need to issue advice. I am surprised that you were not
aware of this.

I am. Check the linkt in my posting

I would offer to send you a copy of this information by email, however
I have deleted it from my hard drive since I sold all my Olympus gear.

Thanks for the offer

Old November 20th 05, 12:11 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 00:49:44 +0100, "Viggo" wrote:

Well well well Toni. What a pity you did not read my post where you talk
about the list with recommended F-stop ranges. You should not be so hart on
Colyn since you made the mistake yourself

This is normal for Tony. He enjoys being an ass.

--
Colyn Goodson

http://www.colyngoodson.com