striek 2

Old October 5th 06, 05:55 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
marika

Default striek 2

No I have not seen the Truman show.
And no i refuse to order anything onlinebecause i am afraid to put my
credit card number on the internet.

i saw a special on msnbc about eonline ordering for xmas, where they
tell you how not to get burned ("order early" they said...duh) cause
toysrus ran out of toys and all these kids got back-order notes for
xmas. it was one of those call-in shows where people told the host of
their successes or horror stories with it. apparenly it is a LIVE show.
so these folks are calling in and most of them are saying it sucks
because they only got part of their order in time, or it's very difficult
to return or exchange things, or whatever. only one lady said
it was a breeze, but she started shpping in october. so one guy calls in
and he's like kind of mad, and he says I ordered a whole buncho of stuff
and NOTHING arrived yet" so the host is like "Hhhm really... nothing at
all?" so the caller says "Nothing! And I ordered like a whole case of
Preparation H and some magazines, and nothing has come in yet."

So of course they disconnect the caller at that second (CLICK!) and the
host says "Everbody's a comedian" and goes on with the show.

OK, is it me, or what? Like am I stupid, or what, cause I DON'T GET IT.
Why in the world did he say Preparation H and magazines? I mean there
must be joke somewhere in there, I don't get it. Is it funny? Can
somebody explain it to me?

Old October 6th 06, 01:25 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
marika

On Thu, 05 Oct 2006 11:41:46 -0400, APEX wrote:

How is this relevant to the Photo Marketplace?

it's relevant because a lot of things that are being sold here are being
sold on the internet and i want to buy a camera but not over the
internet. I thought that was preety obvious, though, and really didn't
need an explanation.

do you buy things on the net and give your credit card number and you
don't worry about it. and everything comes in ok and no back orders or
other cons like described in the story i just described

yikes

Old October 6th 06, 03:22 PM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
APEX

I do order online and always from a secure server/site that I know I
can trust (places that use PayPal, for example). Usually they have
their icon in the url window like Google is showing right now in the
left-hand side of the url. I bought a Nikon D100 a while back thru Ebay
for less than 1/2 of what I would have payed for it in my area. It's an
older model, yes, but it does what I need it to do. It's also good to
ensure that your browser is the most recent.

If you get a message and if you think there is a scam, or con,
happening don't enter any sensitive information (i.e. name, address,
bank acct., credit card #). Before I click on the link I look at the
bottom of my browser window to see where it leads. If it's not
www.ebay.com, or www.paypal.com, I'll forward the message to Ebay's (or
PayPal's) security team. These scamming/spamming jerks usually don't
get what they deserve, but I feel it's a good thing to keep security up
to date. On closing I'll say that most places (like banks, Ebay and
PayPal) never ask for you to click on links or to disclose private
information through an email message. Hope that helps.

APEX

Old October 7th 06, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.marketplace.35mm
marika

marika wrote:
[...]

Yes good stuff thank you.... and I agree with it.