X100 hasn't saved Fuji DSLR forum

Old December 19th 10, 03:48 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Rich[_6_]

Default X100 hasn't saved Fuji DSLR forum

Bruce wrote in
:

Rich wrote:
Only extended its life a bit. But here's the rub: I don't believe
they will only release the X100 and have it be their only APS sensored
camera. They simply won't sell enough of them to make it worthwhile
so IMO, a DSLR or something like it will be released.

Think of the FujiFilm X100 as a digital Konica Hexar.

Konica tested the market with the Konica Hexar, a 35mm autofocus
compact that had a superlative 35mm f/2 lens and a super quiet
shutter. When it showed itself to be a sales success, the Konica
designers were allowed to produce the Konica Hexar RF, a 35mm
rangefinder camera with the Leica M mount and a small range of
superlative lenses.

Which today would likely cost as much as Leica M lenses. We won't see
Fuji producing those, even though they are capable of making lenses as
good.

So I expect FujiFilm to do the same. Provided that the X100 sells
well, FujiFilm could well follow it up with a camera that accepts
interchangeable lenses. I hope it uses the Leica M mount.

This week I had lunch with an Epson sales rep who asked me some
carefully structured questions about the possible market for a digital
rangefinder camera with Leica M mount. A successor to the R-D1 is
apparently under active consideration.

I look at Epson's name on a high-end rangefinder like I looked at George
Lucas's THX when he sold it to that cheesy maker of computer sound
systems. It's like Samsung trying to crack the DSLR market, people just
don't take them seriously.

If a cheaper alternative to the Leica M9 becomes available, the
digital rangefinder market is likely to grow significantly.

That Fuji is no Leica M9, it's more like Leica's rebadging of Panasonics.
I don't think a fixed lens camera has much chance of survival. But I
hope Fuji prospers outside of cookie-cutter P&S superzooms. It's time
for them to launch their own mount and lenses.

Old December 19th 10, 04:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
shiva das

In article ,
Rich wrote:

That Fuji is no Leica M9, it's more like Leica's rebadging of Panasonics.
I don't think a fixed lens camera has much chance of survival. But I
hope Fuji prospers outside of cookie-cutter P&S superzooms. It's time
for them to launch their own mount and lenses.

Wow. And here I always thought "Rich" and "RichA" _were_ sock puppets of
Superzooms Still Lose...
Old December 19th 10, 01:24 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
peter

On 12/18/2010 11:24 PM, shiva das wrote:
In articleE4udnfT7fLg_HZDQnZ2dnUVZ_gydnZ2d@giganews. com,
wrote:

That Fuji is no Leica M9, it's more like Leica's rebadging of Panasonics.
I don't think a fixed lens camera has much chance of survival. But I
hope Fuji prospers outside of cookie-cutter P&S superzooms. It's time
for them to launch their own mount and lenses.

Wow. And here I always thought "Rich" and "RichA" _were_ sock puppets of
Superzooms Still Lose...

They are mutations.

--
Peter