Do you use Carbon Copy Cloner?

Old November 2nd 19, 03:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac
~BD~[_6_]

Default Do you use Carbon Copy Cloner?

On 02/11/2019 14:14, ray carter wrote:
On Fri, 01 Nov 2019 13:48:48 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

I'm wondering how much the software is used.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...d=251538799022

Acronis is better, isn't it?

I use 'dd' or partimage.

Thanks, Ray. :-)

I'd not heard of either before. :-(

I've now read he- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partimage

....and here! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd_(Unix)

I find it strange that there's no similar article for Carbon Copy
Cloner. It's website seems to say that 'it's the bee's knees'!

https://bombich.com/

Would it not stand the close scrutiny of Wikipedia? I wonder.

--
Shared with the Mac group too.
Old November 2nd 19, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , ray carter
wrote:

I use 'dd' or partimage.

both are extremely limited and can't do anything remotely close to what
ccc and other cloning apps can do.
Old November 2nd 19, 10:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John Turco

On 11/1/2019 6:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Nov 1, 2019, John Turco wrote
(in article ):

On 11/1/2019 12:24 PM, nospam wrote:
In , ~BD~
wrote:

I've added the UK Mac group to troll even more

ftfy

What does "ftfy" mean?

John

“Fixed That For You"

Thanks; actually, I came to that conclusion right about the the time I
posted my original message.

By the way, my article appeared here in "rec.photo.digital" (in
"Thunderbird"), shortly after I'd sent it. However, it soon disappeared,
for some unknown reason.

Very strange, indeed...

John

https://www.avg.com

Old November 2nd 19, 10:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Nov 2, 2019, John Turco wrote
(in article ):

By the way, my article appeared here in "rec.photo.digital" (in
"Thunderbird"), shortly after I'd sent it. However, it soon disappeared,
for some unknown reason.

Very strange, indeed...

Your article persists on my Mac using “Hogwasher” rather than
Thunderbird.

I believe you have a local issue with whatever might be happening with that
message on TB rather than something more sinister.

Savageduck

Old November 4th 19, 01:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop
~BD~[_6_]

On 04/11/2019 12:27, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Saturday, 2 November 2019 15:00:34 UTC, ~BD~ wrote:
On 02/11/2019 14:14, ray carter wrote:
On Fri, 01 Nov 2019 13:48:48 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

I'm wondering how much the software is used.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...d=251538799022

Acronis is better, isn't it?

I use 'dd' or partimage.

Thanks, Ray. :-)

I'd not heard of either before. :-(

I've now read he- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Partimage

....and here! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dd_(Unix)

I find it strange that there's no similar article for Carbon Copy
Cloner. It's website seems to say that 'it's the bee's knees'!

https://bombich.com/

Would it not stand the close scrutiny of Wikipedia? I wonder.

Wikipedia isn't really a company, if someone want to write about CCC and has editing privaledges then they put something on Wikipedia about it otherwise no one will.

I doubt Wikipedia scrutinise anything unless someone brings it up in the discussions section, and Wikipedia isn;t really for that sort of thing anyway.

--
Shared with the Mac group too.

Thanks for your response, Dave.

Tell me - what OTHER bone fide software are you aware of which is NOT
mentioned on Wikipedia?

This one perhaps?
https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...av&redirect=no

Any others? *Serious question*.

Old November 4th 19, 06:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.comp.sys.mac,alt.computer.workshop
Shadow

On Mon, 4 Nov 2019 13:34:54 +0000, ~BD~ wrote:

Any others? *Serious question*.

AKA "serious *LIE*".
He's been STALKING the "random" example he chose for years.

---------------
BD: I want people to "get to know me better. I have nothing to
hide".
I'm always here to help, this page was put up at BD's request,
rather, he said "Do it *NOW*!":

http://tekrider.net/pages/david-brooks-stalker.php

58 confirmed #FAKE_NYMS, most used in cybercrimes!
Google "David Brooks Devon"
[]'s
--
Don't be evil - Google 2004
We have a new policy - Google 2012
Old November 4th 19, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ray carter

On Sat, 02 Nov 2019 12:00:11 -0400, nospam wrote:

In article , ray carter
wrote:

I use 'dd' or partimage.

both are extremely limited and can't do anything remotely close to what
ccc and other cloning apps can do.

Examples?
Old November 4th 19, 11:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , ray carter
wrote:

I use 'dd' or partimage.

both are extremely limited and can't do anything remotely close to what
ccc and other cloning apps can do.

Examples?

incremental & full clones and restoration of hd/ssd, individual
folders, disk images (encrypted, compressed and/or read-only) and/or
network volumes, support for multiple file systems, file archiving,
multiple copy tasks that can be scheduled, nested and/or chained, can
run unattended in the background, extensive and flexible file filters,
bootable clones (and a warning if it's not), copying the separate
recovery partition, notification of potential data loss if the source &
destination file systems are different (e.g., copying case-sensitive to
case-insensitive), md5 checksum to verify copied files match the
source, pre-flight and post-flight scripts, private keychain, snapshot
management, auto-wake/sleep, auto-mount/unmount local and remote
volumes, email notifications, ignore file permissions and/or extended
attributes, two pass copy, and there's probably a lot more i forgot.

https://bombich.scdn1.secure.raxcdn....es/features/ti
ps.jpg
Old November 5th 19, 06:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
~BD~[_6_]

On 04/11/2019 23:46, nospam wrote:
In article , ray carter
wrote:

[...]

https://bombich.scdn1.secure.raxcdn....tures/tips.jpg

So why has nobody written about CCC on Wikipedia?

Old November 5th 19, 07:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
~BD~[_6_]

On 04/11/2019 15:44, Whisky-dave wrote:
On Monday, 4 November 2019 13:35:02 UTC, ~BD~ wrote:
[...]

Haven't looked and don't care.

Shame on you!

Have you ever used THIS facility?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disk_Drill_Basic