National Park Photography [re" Ansel Adams Act]

Old January 24th 15, 02:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default National Park Photography [re" Ansel Adams Act]

PeterN wrote:
On 1/23/2015 4:43 PM, Davoud wrote:
PeterN:
IIRC I was taking photos in one of the galeries in DC, and told by one
of the guards that photos were not permitted...

Davoud:
To avoid the spread of FUD you must say what museum it was. There are a
number of private museums in Washington. For the Smithsonian, which is
owned by the people, the rules are as I stated above.

PeterN:
I do not recall which museum. It was definitely in DC, And was
definitely on the Mall, most likely the Calder as that is our favorite.
But, I am not certain which one. It is possible that the incident
happened where there was an exhibit on loan. I didn't then, and do not
now, consider the issue to be overly important. If my comment does nbot
satify you, there is nothing i can do about it.

Hmmm. There is no "Calder" museum on the National Mall, or anywhere
else in Washington, as near as I can determine. Must have been an
exhibit of privately owned works at one of the Smithsonian museums.

There is a list of Smithsonian museums here http://www.si.edu/Museums.

Here are some links. It looks like my memory was wrong about the Mall, but it is in DC.

http://www.nga.gov/exhibitions/calder/realsp/roomenter-foyer.htm
http://www.google.com/webhp?nord=1#nord=1&q=alexander+calder+museum+dc
http://americanart.si.edu/visit/hours/dwrcmap.cfm

Well, there is no Calder Museum in D.C. What you saw was a Calder
exhibition at the National Gallery & Museum of American Art, both NGA
affiliates of the Smithsonian. As is the Hirschhorn where there are some
Calder works on permanent display.

--
Savageduck
Old January 24th 15, 06:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 1/23/2015 9:57 PM, Savageduck wrote:
PeterN wrote:
[...]

Probably. If you pulled out my fingrnails, I couldn't say for certain/

--
PeterN