Ansel Adam Act H.R.5893

Old January 21st 15, 03:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Default Ansel Adam Act H.R.5893

Tony Cooper:

I rarely find anything to like about Texas politicians, but
U.S. Representative Steve Stockman (R) is now on my "like" list.

He is the sponsor of the Ansel Adams Act (H.R. 5893) that will protect
the rights of the First Amendment rights of photographers from
regulations and prohibitions by the federal government.

Read the article at
http://petapixel.com/2015/01/09/opin...devil-details/

The full text of the proposed legislation is at:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-...bill/5893/text

What a looney bin Texas is! The First Amendment does not require
supplements for photographers, butchers, bakers, or candlestick makers.

If Texas lawmakers want to do something useful they should focus on
fixing their schools (among the worst in the country), safeguarding
women's rights, and getting serious about water conservation.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old January 21st 15, 04:31 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-01-21 03:55:52 +0000, Davoud said:

Tony Cooper:

I rarely find anything to like about Texas politicians, but
U.S. Representative Steve Stockman (R) is now on my "like" list.

He is the sponsor of the Ansel Adams Act (H.R. 5893) that will protect
the rights of the First Amendment rights of photographers from
regulations and prohibitions by the federal government.

Read the article at
http://petapixel.com/2015/01/09/opin...devil-details/

The full text of the proposed legislation is at:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-...bill/5893/text

What a looney bin Texas is! The First Amendment does not require
supplements for photographers, butchers, bakers, or candlestick makers.

Agreed!

If Texas lawmakers want to do something useful they should focus on
fixing their schools (among the worst in the country), safeguarding
women's rights, and getting serious about water conservation.

The problem was this was not going to be Texas Law, but unnecessary and
irrational national Law.

Savageduck

Old January 21st 15, 04:50 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2015-01-21 04:35:54 +0000, Tony Cooper said:

On Tue, 20 Jan 2015 22:55:52 -0500, Davoud wrote:

Tony Cooper:

I rarely find anything to like about Texas politicians, but
U.S. Representative Steve Stockman (R) is now on my "like" list.

He is the sponsor of the Ansel Adams Act (H.R. 5893) that will protect
the rights of the First Amendment rights of photographers from
regulations and prohibitions by the federal government.

Read the article at
http://petapixel.com/2015/01/09/opin...devil-details/

The full text of the proposed legislation is at:
https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-...bill/5893/text

What a looney bin Texas is! The First Amendment does not require
supplements for photographers, butchers, bakers, or candlestick makers.

We should not have to have special legislation passed to ensure the
rights of photographers, but the hard facts are that police, park
authorities, security guards, and other "guardians" of public safety
are either unaware of our rights or don't give a ****.

The more ways our rights are spelled out, the better.

Agreed. Those rights need to be spelt out to the various enforcement
agencies. Park Rangers and other LEOs need to know the difference
between a commercial shoot requiring permits and appropriate waivers,
and a hobbyist photographer, or tourist snap-shooter. They need to
understand that violations of those fundamental rights could be career
damaging. It seems like another training issue to me.
An enhanced version of the First Amendment is not necessary.

Savageduck

Old January 21st 15, 02:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

"Tony Cooper" wrote in message
[...]

All well and good Tony but somehow I think that anything like this bill,
which is dead, won't change matters. If a police officer doesn't give a
damn now about our rights, he or she still won't give a damn no matter
what law is passed. They have the power to arrest us for anything or
nothing and make our lives miserable for at least a period of time. Did
you hear about the sheriff's deputy in Saratoga, NY? Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7Sq64ZdQrM

He slaps a guy because he wouldn't give consent to an illegal search of
his vehicle. Sadly, the deputy said that he would do it again as long
as he wasn't being recorded, so much for upholding the oath he took to
uphold the Constitution. He could give a damn about anyone's rights.
At least he is no longer a deputy and was arrested for what he did. Can
you imagine what would have happened if the citizen slapped the deputy?

Old January 21st 15, 02:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 1/20/2015 11:35 PM, Tony Cooper wrote:
[...]

Once you start getting specific, the guy who doesn't quite fit into a
specific category, has a problem. Would a prostitute lose her
Constitutional rights, because she is not one of the favored enumerated.

--
PeterN
Old January 21st 15, 03:04 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 1/20/2015 11:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

Agreed. Those rights need to be spelt out to the various enforcement
agencies. Park Rangers and other LEOs need to know the difference
between a commercial shoot requiring permits and appropriate waivers,
and a hobbyist photographer, or tourist snap-shooter. They need to
understand that violations of those fundamental rights could be career
damaging. It seems like another training issue to me.
An enhanced version of the First Amendment is not necessary.

In one of our State parks the Ranger in charge insists he can tell a pro
from an amateur, just by looking at them. His theory is that if you use
a tripod and gray card, you must be a pro. A letter to his supervisor
solved the problem.

--
PeterN
Old January 21st 15, 03:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

"PeterN" wrote in message
On 1/20/2015 11:50 PM, Savageduck wrote:

snip

Agreed. Those rights need to be spelt out to the various enforcement
agencies. Park Rangers and other LEOs need to know the difference
between a commercial shoot requiring permits and appropriate waivers,
and a hobbyist photographer, or tourist snap-shooter. They need to
understand that violations of those fundamental rights could be
career
damaging. It seems like another training issue to me.
An enhanced version of the First Amendment is not necessary.

In one of our State parks the Ranger in charge insists he can tell a
pro from an amateur, just by looking at them. His theory is that if
you use a tripod and gray card, you must be a pro. A letter to his
supervisor solved the problem.

But in the meantime, he could, at best, make you leave the park or, at
worst, arrest you. Just because he can. That's the problem - they can
do what they wish and likely will not suffer any consequences.

Old January 21st 15, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
George Kerby

On 1/20/15 9:55 PM, in article , "Davoud"
wrote:

[...]

Proving again that you don't know **** from Shinola:

http://wallethub.com/edu/states-with-the-best-schools/5335/

The WORST? Where all of the a-holes work: D.C., no surprise there...

Texas has one of the best, if not THE best economies of any state, and guess
what? NO Income Tax. One of a few in the whole nation.

I bet you are from a ******** like Chicago or Detroit, where DimRats have
been running thing and stealing the people blind.

Wendy Davis got her ass handed to her, because she supported "women's
rights" of abortion on demand, as she should have.

You ever hear of something called a "drought", like what is happening in
SoCal at this moment. Tell us how YOU would manage and control weather, oh
grand BS master?

Old January 21st 15, 04:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

And oil has nothing to do with the economy. IOW every time I fill my car
I am paying taxes to Texas.

--
PeterN
Old January 21st 15, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

"PeterN" wrote in message
On 1/21/2015 11:00 AM, George Kerby wrote:

On 1/20/15 9:55 PM, in article ,
"Davoud"
wrote:

[...]

I completely disagree. Since we have to pay less for our energy, we
have more disposable income to spend on other things. That will help
the economy. We were paying four buck a gallon not long ago. We're
paying almost half that now, that leaves extra money in out pockets to
spend on something else.