Finding restaurants

Old January 19th 15, 09:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Finding restaurants

In article , PeterN
wrote:

I've eaten in what is arguably the best dry-rub BBQ place - Charlie
Vergos' Rendezvous in Memphis. I was not impressed but I'm not a fan of
dry-rub. I like my BBQ with some sauce caramelized on it, not just
poured onto it after it's cooked.

I like both, depending on my mood. But I do not like the sauce dripping.
I freely admit that any time I eat something with dripping sauce, my dry
cleaning bills go up.

slob.
Old January 19th 15, 09:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PAS

"PeterN" wrote in message
On 1/19/2015 3:57 PM, PAS wrote:
"PeterN" wrote in message
On 1/19/2015 3:09 PM, John McWilliams wrote:
On 1/19/15 PDT 11:52 AM, PAS wrote:
"Tony Cooper" wrote in message

The best barbeque that I've ever had was at Dreamland in
Tuscaloosa,
Alabama. My son went to University of Alabama, and when we went
up to
Tuscaloosa Dreamland was always part of the trip.

What style of BBQ do they do? I love BBQ but I don't like the
Carolina
style sauce, too much vinegar. I like the thick, sweet sauce but
have
to eat it in moderation because of all the sugar. I've never had
taste for spicy food, it gets to me really quick. To give you an
idea
how spicy food gets to me, have you ever had Popeye's spicy
chicken? I
took one bite and it felt like my mouth was on fire.

I like both, but prefer the Carolina style bbq, at least for pork.

When I have potstickers, I always ask for vinegar, and liberally
dose
the 'sticker with it. Brings the flavor right up, cuts through the
oil/grease.

I was in a bar in Nashville.I started a discussion about dry rub vs
wet. This led to a loud discussion. I left before it escalated and i
heard the police were called. In Nashville you can get both, and
both
sides get, shall we say, passionate about it.

I've eaten in what is arguably the best dry-rub BBQ place - Charlie
Vergos' Rendezvous in Memphis. I was not impressed but I'm not a fan
of
dry-rub. I like my BBQ with some sauce caramelized on it, not just
poured onto it after it's cooked.

I like both, depending on my mood. But I do not like the sauce
dripping. I freely admit that any time I eat something with dripping
sauce, my dry cleaning bills go up.

It ain't BBQ unless you get some on you.

Old January 19th 15, 09:22 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

On 1/19/2015 4:17 PM, nospam wrote:
In article , PeterN
wrote:

I've eaten in what is arguably the best dry-rub BBQ place - Charlie
Vergos' Rendezvous in Memphis. I was not impressed but I'm not a fan of
dry-rub. I like my BBQ with some sauce caramelized on it, not just
poured onto it after it's cooked.

I like both, depending on my mood. But I do not like the sauce dripping.
I freely admit that any time I eat something with dripping sauce, my dry
cleaning bills go up.

slob.

Priss

--