Shoot out: Smart phone vs Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Old October 11th 14, 02:44 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

Default Shoot out: Smart phone vs Canon EOS 5D Mark III

On 10/11/2014 05:54 AM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

snip

First, I doubt very much that is the above specified $90
point and shoot camera, hence you are not supporting
what was claimed.

Wrong.

sheesh

Old October 11th 14, 07:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Bull****.

--
Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/
Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska)
Old October 11th 14, 10:21 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Sat, 11 Oct 2014 02:54:21 -0800, (Floyd L.
Davidson) wrote:

Only very exceptional individuals differ from the norm.

That follows, by definition.

Eric Stevens
Old October 11th 14, 10:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

Davidson) wrote:

Only very exceptional individuals differ from the norm.

That follows, by definition.

Exactly. And trying to define a norm by citing exceptions
is never productive.

--
Floyd L. Davidson
http://www.apaflo.com/
Old October 11th 14, 11:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

On 10/11/2014 01:41 PM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
philo wrote:
On 10/11/2014 05:54 AM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

snip

First, I doubt very much that is the above specified $90
point and shoot camera, hence you are not supporting
what was claimed.

Wrong.

sheesh

Bull****.

go troll elsewhere

/plonk/
Old October 12th 14, 01:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Floyd L. Davidson

philo wrote:
On 10/11/2014 05:54 AM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

snip

First, I doubt very much that is the above specified $90
point and shoot camera, hence you are not supporting
what was claimed.

Wrong.

sheesh

Bull****.

go troll elsewhere

/plonk/

You make up stories, and when confronted call someone a troll?

Old October 12th 14, 02:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-10-11 13:44:10 +0000, philoÂ* said:

On 10/11/2014 05:54 AM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

snip

First, I doubt very much that is the above specified $90
point and shoot camera, hence you are not supporting
what was claimed.

Wrong.

sheesh

Just give us a link to the shots you are raving about, since you have
already displayed this photog/artist's images in one of your shows,
that shouldn't be a problem for you. As for which camera he used, it
would be nice to know the model and that should be available via the
EXIF data.

It is good to see the work of talented folks from time-to-time.

Savageduck

Old October 12th 14, 05:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
philo [_3_]

On 10/11/2014 08:16 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Just give us a link to the shots you are raving about, since you have
already displayed this photog/artist's images in one of your shows, that
shouldn't be a problem for you. As for which camera he used, it would be
nice to know the model and that should be available via the EXIF data.

It is good to see the work of talented folks from time-to-time.

I put the other guy in my KF for being a boor...
I just did a quick google search and see some pretty decent point and
shoot cameras in the less than $100 range.

The whole point I was making was that one needs an eye for photography
for the photo to be any good and if one has that eye...the photos from a
decent but lower end camera will be better than those someone gets with
an expensive camera who does not know how to use it.

Anyway here is one image the guy took...No processing was done other
than greatly lowering the resolution for posting on the web

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...07725285_o.jpg

If you don't like it , that's fine
but it's superior to anything the other guy took with his expensive Nikon
Old October 12th 14, 05:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Old October 12th 14, 06:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2014-10-12 04:05:18 +0000, philoÂ* said:

On 10/11/2014 08:16 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Just give us a link to the shots you are raving about, since you have
already displayed this photog/artist's images in one of your shows, that
shouldn't be a problem for you. As for which camera he used, it would be
nice to know the model and that should be available via the EXIF data.

It is good to see the work of talented folks from time-to-time.

I put the other guy in my KF for being a boor...

Floyd can be a PITA at times, especially when he does whatever he can
to establish his expertise with all things in arcane technology. Other
than that he has a personally established knowledge of all things, and
quite often can provide some useful advise & information. Sometimes he
can give that advise and information without belittling those on the
receiving end.

I just did a quick google search and see some pretty decent point and
shoot cameras in the less than $100 range.

If that is what one can afford and produces images you are satisfied
with, there is a place for those cameras.

The whole point I was making was that one needs an eye for photography
for the photo to be any good and if one has that eye...the photos from
a decent but lower end camera will be better than those someone gets
with an expensive camera who does not know how to use it.

That happens every day. I am sure that there are individuals who spend
$5-10K on equipment and when they produce nothing view-worthy they give
up the hobby.

Anyway here is one image the guy took...No processing was done other
than greatly lowering the resolution for posting on the web

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.n...07725285_o.jpg

If

you don't like it , that's fine
but it's superior to anything the other guy took with his expensive Nikon

Then the other guy's work must have been awful. That shot is to my eye
(just an opinion) a reasonable snap shot. It just doesn't rise to the
level of photographic fine art.

Personally I would have done something quite different with it,
starting with a severe crop as the buildings, and the shooter's shadow
on the ice don't really work. However that doesn't meant there isn't an
interesting image in there.
To end up with something like this.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Philo-C2.jpg

Savageduck