Canon battery

Old April 2nd 07, 11:34 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Grumps

Default Canon battery

Hi
Is an NB-2LH just a higher power version of the NB-2L (and so will they fit
in an EOS400)?
Ta.

Old April 3rd 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Yoshi

"Grumps" wrote in message
Hi
Is an NB-2LH just a higher power version of the NB-2L (and so will they
fit in an EOS400)?
Ta.

The "h" designates a battery that is functionally equivalent but has a
higher MaH rating and will store more charge.

Yoshi

Old April 3rd 07, 05:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike Jacoubowsky

Is an NB-2LH just a higher power version of the NB-2L (and so will they
fit in an EOS400)?

From what I hear, yes. But please keep in mind that aftermarket replacement
batteries, if you're considering them, don't come anywhere close to their
claimed ratings. I've got two real Canon batts and one from... darn, forget
the name, but everybody buys from them... that's rated 30% higher than the
Canon units, but, at best, gets about 2/3rd the life. It also seems to have
trouble charging sometimes.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old April 3rd 07, 05:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Lucke

In article , Mike
Jacoubowsky wrote:

Is an NB-2LH just a higher power version of the NB-2L (and so will they
fit in an EOS400)?

From what I hear, yes. But please keep in mind that aftermarket replacement
batteries, if you're considering them, don't come anywhere close to their
claimed ratings. I've got two real Canon batts and one from... darn, forget
the name, but everybody buys from them... that's rated 30% higher than the
Canon units, but, at best, gets about 2/3rd the life. It also seems to have
trouble charging sometimes.

I second the note that you won't get the actual much higher rating for
the aftermarket batteries - I've got several that supposedly are rated
at about twice the Canon's mAh rating, but only last about as long
(perhaps *just* a /little/ longer). HOWEVER, that said, they were
about 1/3 the price of the actual Canon batteries, so they really were
a bargain, despite not living up fully to their overstated ratings.

Never had a problem charging mine, though, so I can't verify that part.

independence.
-- Charles A. Beard
Old April 3rd 07, 07:13 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Grumps

"Ken Lucke" wrote in message
In article , Mike
Jacoubowsky wrote:

Is an NB-2LH just a higher power version of the NB-2L (and so will they
fit in an EOS400)?

From what I hear, yes. But please keep in mind that aftermarket
replacement
[...]

Thanks all.
I have a couple of genuine Canon batts for a Powershot S45, and just
wondered if they would work in an EOS400D (Digital Rebel in the US I think).
It looks like they will.

Old April 4th 07, 02:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
JohnR66

"Ken Lucke" wrote in message
In article , Mike
Jacoubowsky wrote:

Is an NB-2LH just a higher power version of the NB-2L (and so will they
fit in an EOS400)?

From what I hear, yes. But please keep in mind that aftermarket
replacement
[...]

That's why I HATE LI-ion. I bought a 3rd party and it did not last as long
as the OEM. The OEM was holding about 2/3 the charge it did when new (2
years later). The 3rd party battery was cheaper, but held only 2/3 the
charge of new OEM and after a year, the 3rd party battery was already
degrading in performance. The 3 year old OEM was now good for only 20 shots
(useless).

This is why I have never bought a compact camera that uses Li-ion since. AAs
for me. With Rayovac "Hybrids" I have never looked back.
John