Nikon is backwards

Old February 7th 19, 12:52 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

Default Nikon is backwards

On 2019-02-03 20:10, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Mon, 04 Feb 2019 00:07:41 -0000, Alan Browne

On 2019-02-02 18:47, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Fri, 01 Feb 2019 23:27:31 -0000, Alan Browne

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 18:27:45 -0000, Alan Browne

Drive w/o a seatbelt here and it's a fine.

It's only a fine if you're caught.* I get caught once a year, £100 a
year is a small price to pay for:

Hmm, for someone who moans about the price of everything, that seems a
strange thing to write.

It's only the cost of 2 tanks of petrol.* And I buy way more than 2
tanks a year.
1) No annoyance when leaning forwards.

I wear mine and it's no annoyance to lean forward.

Then you must lean very slowly.* Are you one of those annoying buggers
who sits at junctions for ages, not pulling out when there's enough
room
for a bus?

I pull out when it's safe and courteous to do so.

Which you can't tell without leaning forwards to look.

I went over to the account's office this afternoon and I tested your
notions:

1. With the view from my car I don't need to lean forward at all for
most of the drive.* This is sub/extra-urban so nothing blocking the view
towards approaching traffic most of the time.

In the city, esp. the older, narrower road areas, probably would need to
lean forward more.

2. As to leaning, no matter how fast I leaned forward, the seatbelt did
not lock at all.* It took quite a good jerk with my hand to get it to lock.

crickets from Commander know nothing.

Conclusion, your narrow experience with crappy French built cars,
maintained poorly, on a miserly budget, is not at all close to a
reference for most of us.

You're an idiot for not wearing your seat belt, but that's your problem.

--
"2/3 of Donald Trump's wives were immigrants. Proof that we
need immigrants to do jobs that most Americans wouldn't do."
Old February 7th 19, 01:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
On Thu, 31 Jan 2019 18:27:45 -0000, Alan Browne

Drive w/o a seatbelt here and it's a fine.

It's only a fine if you're caught. I get caught once a year, £100 a
year is a small price to pay for:

Hmm, for someone who moans about the price of everything, that
seems a
strange thing to write.

It's only the cost of 2 tanks of petrol. And I buy way more than 2
tanks a year.
1) No annoyance when leaning forwards.

I wear mine and it's no annoyance to lean forward.

Then you must lean very slowly. Are you one of those annoying buggers
who sits at junctions for ages, not pulling out when there's enough
room
for a bus?

I pull out when it's safe and courteous to do so.

Which you can't tell without leaning forwards to look.

Most places don't need to. And when I need to my belt cooperates just
fine.

What country are you in? Most junctions in the UK in residential areas
only have the narrow width of the pavement (as in sidewalk) between
oncoming traffic and the point you can see past the house-owners fence
or hedge.

Made that clear earlier. I guess you're not attentive.

I guess you think I'm sad enough to remember everything you say? You're wrong.

Anyway, back to my point, you need to lean forwards for most junctions in the UK. You can't do that with a seatbelt on, end of story.
Old February 7th 19, 01:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

wrote:

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

There you go.

2. As to leaning, no matter how fast I leaned forward, the seatbelt did
not lock at all. It took quite a good jerk with my hand to get it to lock.

Conclusion, your narrow experience with crappy French built cars,
maintained poorly, on a miserly budget, is not at all close to a
reference for most of us.

Actually, it's been the same on all my cars, let me list them:

Rover Maestro
Ford Sierra
Ford Mondeo
Range Rover
Renault Espace
Vauxhall Corsa
Fiat Tipo
Honda CRV
Renault Scenic
VW Golf

Maybe, just maybe, you're such a slow dopey **** that you take half an hour to lean forwards. Some of us want to leave the junction in this century. You're one of those folk that sits there while I'm behind you waiting to get to my destination aren't you?

You're an idiot for not wearing your seat belt, but that's your problem.

Why would I wear something to protect me from something which only happens to dangerous drivers? I've never needed a belt and probably never will. I don't wear armbands or a lifejacket when I swim in the sea either, because I'm not a pathetic pussy like you.
Old February 7th 19, 01:22 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

wrote:

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

You expect me to reply in 5 seconds? Show some patience.
Old February 7th 19, 03:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Anyway, back to my point, you need to lean forwards for most junctions in
the UK. You can't do that with a seatbelt on, end of story.

Perhaps this is because you have your head up your arse.
Most people I know can see well enough at junctions while wearing a seat belt.
Are yuo sure you are actually seating on the seat, that's the seat with the
steering wheel directly in front of it.

he's not tall enough to see over the dashboard, which also means he
can't see out the side windows.
Old February 7th 19, 03:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

nospam wrote:
In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

Anyway, back to my point, you need to lean forwards for most junctions in
the UK. You can't do that with a seatbelt on, end of story.

Perhaps this is because you have your head up your arse.
Most people I know can see well enough at junctions while wearing a seat belt.
Are yuo sure you are actually seating on the seat, that's the seat with the
steering wheel directly in front of it.

he's not tall enough to see over the dashboard, which also means he
can't see out the side windows.

Periscope

Savageduck
Old February 7th 19, 07:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

wrote:

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

Of course it had to be pointed out to you because your narrow view of
life doesn't permit much imagination.

2. As to leaning, no matter how fast I leaned forward, the seatbelt did
not lock at all.* It took quite a good jerk with my hand to get it to
lock.

Conclusion, your narrow experience with crappy French built cars,
maintained poorly, on a miserly budget, is not at all close to a
reference for most of us.

Actually, it's been the same on all my cars, let me list them:

list of crappy 3rd hand cars deleted

Maybe, just maybe, you're such a slow dopey **** that you take half an
hour to lean forwards.* Some of us want to leave the junction in this
century.* You're one of those folk that sits there while I'm behind you
waiting to get to my destination aren't you?

Nope. But it's amusing that you attack others when your behaviour is so
stupid.

You're an idiot for not wearing your seat belt, but that's your problem.

Why would I wear something to protect me from something which only
happens to dangerous drivers?* I've never needed a belt and probably

When someone rams into you (no fault of yours ahem) that seatbelt may
safe your life or you from serious injury. The stats are abundantly clear.

You're stupid (well established) to believe the myths in your tiny brain ...

never will.* I don't wear armbands or a lifejacket when I swim in the
sea either, because I'm not a pathetic pussy like you.

.... and then ascribe it to cowardice in the pathetic ad hominem attacks
that you launch. True loser.

Old February 7th 19, 07:08 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne[_2_]

wrote:

On 2019-02-01 17:31, Commander Kinsey wrote:
[...]

It was up there since Monday slowpoke.

Old February 7th 19, 11:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 05 Feb 2019 22:33:08 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

If you had been the innocent party, how nay of these could your
driving skills enabled yo to have avoided?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z52L6jGdSkY

a good driver could have avoided most, if not all of those.

it's never a good idea to proceed into the path of an oncoming vehicle,
regardless of the colour of the light.

If you can see it coming but not if it is hidden behind other traffic.

even then.

Precognition?

no.

defensive driving.

How can you defend yourself against something which shouldn't be there
and is hidden from you?

by proceeding with caution until it's no longer hidden. driving 101.

if you blindly pull into traffic without looking, then your license
should be revoked.

Typical subject shift. If you blindly pull out into the traffic then
you are not the innocent party. (See the first line of this post).

Eric Stevens
Old February 8th 19, 01:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

On Tue, 05 Feb 2019 22:33:09 -0500, nospam
wrote:

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Are your mirrors adjusted to give sideways views?

no need for a mirror for sideways views.

They will have to be if as you claim you are going to use them as a
defence against traffic coming from the side.

no side windows on your car?

Of course there are, but I don't have to use mirrors to see out of
them.

and that's street legal??

Eric Stevens