EOS300/REBEL from U.S.

Old June 23rd 04, 11:52 PM
Mike Brodbelt

Default EOS300/REBEL from U.S.

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:12:09 +0000, Phil Wheeler wrote:

As I recall, the warranty card that came with my Digital Rebel says
US/Canada. Perhaps the 300D has an international warranty, though.

http://www.usa.canon.com/html/support/slrfaq.html

It's the first question. The only thing not explicitly stated is whether
or not Canon UK would honour the warranty - I suppose it's conceivable
they'd ask you to return it to Canon USA. However, my reading of that
question is that any Canon branch should cover the camera anywhere -
otherwise what would be the point of stating it like that?

Mike.
Old June 24th 04, 12:04 AM
Phil Wheeler

Mike Brodbelt wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 14:12:09 +0000, Phil Wheeler wrote:

As I recall, the warranty card that came with my Digital Rebel says
US/Canada. Perhaps the 300D has an international warranty,
though.

http://www.usa.canon.com/html/support/slrfaq.html

It's the first question. The only thing not explicitly stated is
whether or not Canon UK would honour the warranty - I suppose it's
conceivable they'd ask you to return it to Canon USA. However, my
reading of that question is that any Canon branch should cover the
camera anywhere - otherwise what would be the point of stating it
like that?

I think they would, since it says:

Q. What is Canon's EOS camera warranty?

A. All models distributed by Canon USA have a 1 year parts & labor
warranty which is valid worldwide

So it looks like I was wrong in thinking warranty would be an issue.

Phil

Old June 24th 04, 12:05 AM
John

"Darryl" schreef in bericht
Has anyone bought photographic equipment from B&H etc to use in UK? Price

is
so much cheaper, whats the catch? Is the warranty void?

Being Dutch, I bought my Digital Rebel at www.digitalstreet.nl .
So-called grey-import, but they guarantee warranty by Canon.
Saved me around EUR 400 (compared to streetprice for the 300D in Holland),
and I don't have to order it myself in the US ;-)

John

--
Posted by news://news.nb.nu
Old June 24th 04, 12:55 AM
Big Bill

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 20:08:30 +0000 (UTC), Paul J Gans
wrote:

In rec.photo.digital HooDooWitch wrote:
(Orville Wright) somehow managed to
post:

The Sigma SD and SA camera lines generally do not require the use of a
tripod unless you are doing a long exposure over 1 second. Images are
always tack sharp.

Of all the **** you've posted, *this* little gem takes the ****ing
biscuit.

Not really. Sigma uses a special body harness to provide
anti-shake. As the camera senses lens movement, it moves
the photographer to compensate.

---- Paul J. Gans

This could be interesting in the porno industry...

Bill Funk
Change "g" to "a"
Old June 24th 04, 01:20 AM
FuTAnT

Richard Cockburn wrote:
(Orville Wright) wrote in
om:

The Sigma SD and SA camera lines generally do not require the use of a
tripod unless you are doing a long exposure over 1 second. Images are
always tack sharp.

Tack sharp, eh? You mean like this shot...

http://www.pbase.com/image/29850186

That .. could .. be a super wide open apperture focused half way though his
face though ... but it'd want to be at f/1.4 or something.

Cam

Old June 24th 04, 01:34 AM
Paul J Gans

wrote:

In rec.photo.digital HooDooWitch wrote:
(Orville Wright) somehow managed to
post:

The Sigma SD and SA camera lines generally do not require the use of a
tripod unless you are doing a long exposure over 1 second. Images are
always tack sharp.

Of all the **** you've posted, *this* little gem takes the ****ing
biscuit.

Not really. Sigma uses a special body harness to provide
anti-shake. As the camera senses lens movement, it moves
the photographer to compensate.

---- Paul J. Gans

This could be interesting in the porno industry...

Perhaps you know who will come up with that as a new reason
to go Sigma.... ;-)

----- Paul J. Gans
Old June 24th 04, 02:52 AM
Richard Cockburn

"FuTAnT" wrote in
om.au:

Richard Cockburn wrote:
(Orville Wright) wrote in
om:

The Sigma SD and SA camera lines generally do not require the use of
a tripod unless you are doing a long exposure over 1 second. Images
are always tack sharp.

Tack sharp, eh? You mean like this shot...

http://www.pbase.com/image/29850186

That .. could .. be a super wide open apperture focused half way
though his face though ... but it'd want to be at f/1.4 or something.

Cam

He should have focused on the eyes. I doubt this was a case of selective
focus. Come on, it's Preddy.

--
"Live fast. Die young." (Nikki Sixx)

-Richard Cockburn
Old June 24th 04, 05:07 AM
Skip M

wrote:
(Orville Wright) somehow managed to
post:

The Sigma SD and SA camera lines generally do not require the use of a
tripod unless you are doing a long exposure over 1 second. Images are
always tack sharp.

Of all the **** you've posted, *this* little gem takes the ****ing
biscuit.

Not really. Sigma uses a special body harness to provide
anti-shake. As the camera senses lens movement, it moves
the photographer to compensate.

---- Paul J. Gans

This could be interesting in the porno industry...

Perhaps you know who will come up with that as a new reason
to go Sigma.... ;-)

----- Paul J. Gans

Well, GP did say all of his original work is tied up in password protected
sites, and not available to the general public. The most pervasive password
protected sites, IFAIK, are porn sites...

--
Skip Middleton
http://www.shadowcatcherimagery.com

Old June 24th 04, 07:42 AM
The Last Gunslinger

The Dave© wrote:

Orville Wright spewed forth this drivel:
The Sigma SD and SA camera lines generally do not require the use of a
tripod unless you are doing a long exposure over 1 second. Images are
always tack sharp. There is some mystery feature built into the Sigma
camera bodies that prevent camera shake.

Yes, the secret is that the camera body has a bunch of tiny little
needles all over it that injects botox into the user's hands, thus
minimizing body movement.

Old June 24th 04, 11:14 PM
Graeme Cogger

In article , w6tuh-
says...

Mike Brodbelt wrote:

http://www.usa.canon.com/html/support/slrfaq.html

It's the first question. The only thing not explicitly stated is
whether or not Canon UK would honour the warranty - I suppose it's
conceivable they'd ask you to return it to Canon USA. However, my
reading of that question is that any Canon branch should cover the
camera anywhere - otherwise what would be the point of stating it
like that?

I think they would, since it says:

Q. What is Canon's EOS camera warranty?

A. All models distributed by Canon USA have a 1 year parts & labor
warranty which is valid worldwide

So it looks like I was wrong in thinking warranty would be an issue.

This has come up a few times before - Canon UK official policy
is that the FAQ refers _only_ to film SLRs. DSLRs from the US
are not covered in the UK. They have also sometimes said that
the same is true of lenses - other times they say that US
lenses are covered!

Personally, I think they should clarify that FAQ since it is
misleading.