How to change lighting

Old October 29th 06, 08:37 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mojtaba

Default How to change lighting

hi,

Sorry for the choice of topic which is not precise.
I have taken some pictures inndoors, where to get the korners of the
building clear I had to use long shutter time without flash. As
expected there is yellow light cast from the lighting of the house on
the pictures. Is there any way to correct this in photoshop?

Thanks

Mojtaba

Old October 29th 06, 09:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mojtaba

On Sun, 29 Oct 2006 20:02:12 -0000, "Leroy"
wrote:

Please upload an example to tinypic.com.

Thank you for your reply and yopur tips:

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=2j2b4g1
Old October 30th 06, 11:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Fish

Hi,

You can try Color Pilot (http://www.colorpilot.com/pilot.html) - the
software for color and brightness correction.

Sincerely,
Olga
Two Pilots
http://www.colorpilot.com

Old October 30th 06, 07:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Leroy

Well, I am no expert, however I have just changed it to this in about 30
seconds.

http://tinypic.com/view/?pic=3zv90ys

I don't have time to play about with it properly, however if I let you know
what I did, maybe you will be able to play about with the settings I used
for a bit longer and get it better.

Go to ImageAdjustmentsHue/Saturation, select Yellow and use the colour
picker tool to select a typical orange part of your image. Then slide the
desaturate slider to the left (I over desaturated deliberately to get the
orange to a similar level as the other colours). Click OK. As I
deliberately over desaturated it, it was looking a bit too 'black and
white'. So, then go back in the same way as before, but increase the master
saturation to how you want it.

Old October 30th 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Leroy

Oh, forgot to mention, in the future, it maybe worth setting up the white
balance in camera manually, if this is the result you get from auto white
balance. That was quite an extreme colour cast.

Also, you will need to be careful with other orange items in the photo as
things like skin tones may turn grey (like in the one I done ;-)). Look at
the photo at 100% after making changes, which I failed to do!