Rear Window 500/8 Mirror

Old May 22nd 18, 10:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

Default Rear Window 500/8 Mirror

On 2018-05-22 07:14:11 +0000, David B. said:

Remember this unanswered question from 17 May?

You got an you worthy answer. IIRC...
--
teleportation kills

Old May 22nd 18, 10:58 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.[_2_]

On 2018-05-22 07:14:11 +0000, David B. said:

Remember this unanswered question from 17 May?

You got an you worthy answer. IIRC...

Sadly, you do NOT recall correctly.

I answered you saying ....

"I don't understand. :-(

The link you posted is on Dropbox .... isn't it?"

=

You didn't continue our conversation (and answer my question).

--
David B.

Old May 22nd 18, 11:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-05-22 07:14:11 +0000, David B. said:

Remember this unanswered question from 17 May?

You got an you worthy answer. IIRC...

Sadly, you do NOT recall correctly.

I answered you saying ....

"I don't understand. :-(

The link you posted is on Dropbox .... isn't it?"

=

You didn't continue our conversation (and answer my question).

Links to DB fails to work when the content is moved away...
--
teleportation kills

Old May 22nd 18, 01:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David B.
wrote:

Links to DB fails to work when the content is moved away...

I'm sure you are right - but why would you delete your content from
Dropbox once you had put something there?

because it's his content and he can add/remove it whenever he wants.

Your original link was also 'different' to the links other folk post
here when using Dropbox. I cannot recall exactly WHAT was different but
it was. Maybe an inability to 'download' the image - I think that may
have been it.

nope.

In truth, it was *SO* good that I posted the image on my Facebook
timeline;

without his permission.
Old May 22nd 18, 11:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
joe

On 05/22/2018 03:10 PM, David B. wrote:

Regardless of my CC by-nc-sa license, I would expect the courtesy to
advise
me of your intention to post that DB link on Facebook which I personally
never use.

I don't understand your license reference.

Have you ever tried google search?

Old May 23rd 18, 10:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-05-23 05:35:17 +0000, David B. said:

https://creativecommons.org/share-your-work/licensing-types-examples/

I could have downloaded your image from Dropbox and retained it and then
used it for any purpose I chose.

You could have.

We agree.

Some folk feel that is 'stealing' so I deliberately avoided taking that route.

Technically it is stealing.

Understood.

It's not if you ask the courts of law in the EU and the USA:

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20100105/0109067611.shtml

that only applies to linking not copying which could be classed as
stealing, or perhaps copyright infringment. As there was something odd
about the word stealing when used for something that isn't really a
physical object.

The subject of the discussion was hotlinking and that was the deed that
Dave B had committed. Not illegal in practiced law...

See:

On 2018-05-23 05:35:17 +0000, David B. said:

On 22-May-18 11:12 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 22, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

On 22-May-18 2:18 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 22, 2018, David B. wrote
(in article ):

[---]
In truth, it was *SO* good that I posted the image on my Facebook
timeline; NOT a downloaded copy - simply a link to he-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qrpea4ijzw...DSC_3629-E.jpg

--
teleportation kills

Old May 23rd 18, 11:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
android

On 2018-05-23 05:35:17 +0000, David B. said:

[...]

Yes I know but that had changed to :-

and this is where you made the mistake, perhaps you had the worng filter on .

DB said I could have downloaded your image from Dropbox and retained
it and then
used it for any purpose I chose.

You could have.

We agree.

Some folk feel that is 'stealing' so I deliberately avoided taking that route.

Technically it is stealing.

Which it is seen as.
DB could NOT provide a link to SD's dropbox because SD had removed that link.
So if DB did want to keep linking to that image he would have needed to
copy the image and place it somewhere else and linked to it from there
maybe he's own dropbox account and that could be seen as stealing.

No it's not. Downloading third party material and then uploading it is
stealing. With hotlinking the picture remains on your chosen server and
thus under your control and not stolen. Feel free to change those
laws... Again:

https://photocopyrightlaw.com/can-embedding-hotlinking-or-inline-linking-constitute-copyright-infringement/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inline_linking#Copyright_law_issues_that_inline_li nking_raises

--
teleportation kills

Old May 23rd 18, 01:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

On 2018-05-23 10:21:56 +0000, Whisky-dave said:

[attributions]

Technically it is stealing.

Which it is seen as.
[...]

No it's not. Downloading third party material and then uploading it is
stealing. With hotlinking the picture remains on your chosen server and
thus under your control and not stolen. Feel free to change those
laws... Again:

https://photocopyrightlaw.com/can-embedding-hotlinking-or-inline-linking-constitute-copyright-infringement/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inline...s_that_inline_

An interesting legal perspective, although I'd make a counterpoint
that it really should depend on just how the hotlinking was done.
IMO, its one thing if the hotlinked image had been dutifully attributed
to its copyright owner, but if it was misrepresented as belonging
to the one who did the hotlink, that's entirely a different story.

When I've happened to have found hotlinks that fall more into the
category of the latter, a strategy that I've taken at times is to
change the image out from underneath them, so that they're linked
to something different than they intended. Here's an example:

http://huntzinger.com/photo/2002/germany/euros.jpg

FWIW, some people have reportedly chosen alternative images which
are vastly less ... civilized.

-hh
Old May 23rd 18, 01:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , -hh
wrote:

FWIW, some people have reportedly chosen alternative images which
are vastly less ... civilized.

which is by far the best solution.

there's a certain photo with goat in its name that works wonders.
Old May 23rd 18, 01:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , David B.
wrote:

On 22-May-18 11:12 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Regardless of my CC by-nc-sa license, I would expect the courtesy to
advise
me of your intention to post that DB link on Facebook which I personally
never use.

I don't understand your license reference.

CC = Creative Commons

Thank you. I'm fairly sure that you've told me previously that I could
share you images if I wished.

somehow i doubt that.

once again, you're trying to weasel out of having stolen other people's
content.

You just have to choose an appropriate cat.

https://www.cat-lovers-only.com/imag...on-litter-box-
375.jpg.pagespeed.ic.8chR33SzqK.jpg

I get "Sorry, there's no such page here"

that's because you're an idiot.