Accessory for Canon 20D ane upgrade

Old November 5th 05, 10:28 PM
mattearoadie

Default Accessory for Canon 20D ane upgrade

I am wanting to get a protective LCD cover for my 20D and one that
ables me to see the screen outside in the daylight. Can somebody
suggest a brand or type that is good? Also, how does one upgrade
frimware on the canon 20D?

thanks

Rene

Old November 5th 05, 10:46 PM
C Wright

On 11/5/05 4:28 PM, in article
, "mattearoadie"
wrote:

I am wanting to get a protective LCD cover for my 20D and one that
ables me to see the screen outside in the daylight. Can somebody
suggest a brand or type that is good? Also, how does one upgrade
frimware on the canon 20D?

thanks

Rene

As far as upgrading your firmware goes, go to this site
http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/BeBit-e.html
When you click on the version of firmware you want to download (the latest
version being 2.0.3 I believe) you will be presented with a whole page of
instructions. This is really a pretty simple process but for a first timer
it might help to print out the instructions and follow them to the letter.
As for the LCD cover that does what you want, both protects and acts as a
sunshade, I don't know - perhaps someone else will.
Chuck

Old November 5th 05, 11:05 PM
nick c

mattearoadie wrote:
I am wanting to get a protective LCD cover for my 20D and one that
ables me to see the screen outside in the daylight. Can somebody
suggest a brand or type that is good? Also, how does one upgrade
frimware on the canon 20D?

thanks

Rene

Go to:

http://www.canon.co.jp/Imaging/eos20...irmware-e.html
Old November 6th 05, 12:57 AM
Frank ess

mattearoadie wrote:
I am wanting to get a protective LCD cover for my 20D and one that
ables me to see the screen outside in the daylight. Can somebody
suggest a brand or type that is good? Also, how does one upgrade
frimware on the canon 20D?

thanks

Rene

You mean like this?
http://www.hoodmanusa.com/flip_up.asp

It works good for me, and the vendor is pleasant and responsive.

--
Frank ess
Old November 6th 05, 02:22 AM
Anabella M.

I am also a user of the Hoodman 20D Filp-up hood and I wish to relate my
experience an offer a word of caution when using this item:

Please be aware that the design is very flimsy. The tiny plastic hinges
on both sides of the hood, holding the side panels, have a tendency to
break very easily if you exert too much pressure on the top element when
closing the hood. This has already happened to me twice. I'm now on my
third hood and I am very careful not to break it again.

The merchant where I purchased my first hood replaced it without
hassles.

The manufacturer provided excellent support in replacing the second hood
and they must be commended for their high quality of customer service.

This is my experience with the Hoodman flip-up hood for the 20D, a very
useful item, but easily breakable due to the fragile construction of the
tiny plactic hinges. Hope this helps...

Regards, Anabella M.

Frank ess wrote:

mattearoadie wrote:
I am wanting to get a protective LCD cover for my 20D and one that
ables me to see the screen outside in the daylight. Can somebody
suggest a brand or type that is good? Also, how does one upgrade
frimware on the canon 20D?

thanks

Rene

You mean like this?
http://www.hoodmanusa.com/flip_up.asp

It works good for me, and the vendor is pleasant and responsive.

--
Frank ess

--
Anabella M.

.....it's better to have loved and lost
than to have never seen "Lost in Space"!
--Kelly Bundy
Old November 6th 05, 03:29 AM
Cockpit Colin

"mattearoadie" wrote in message
ups.com...

I am wanting to get a protective LCD cover for my 20D and one that
ables me to see the screen outside in the daylight. Can somebody
suggest a brand or type that is good? Also, how does one upgrade
frimware on the canon 20D?

I don't know of anything specific, but many of the PDA protectors stay in
place with a temporary adhesive - you might have some success purchasing one
of these, and cutting it to size. I doubt it would halp with outdoor viewing
at all though - then again, having said that, I've found that the more
photos I take, the less I end up having to use it.

Old November 6th 05, 03:34 AM
Proconsul

My experience with my Hoodman Nikon D70s flip up hood seem to be less
troublesome. I agree that one can get "fumble fingered" manipulating the
hinges, etc., but mine is reasonably sturdy and hasn't broken...

I like it and recommend it without reservations.

PC

Old November 6th 05, 06:07 AM
William Oertell

Frank ess wrote:

mattearoadie wrote:
I am wanting to get a protective LCD cover for my 20D and one that
ables me to see the screen outside in the daylight. Can somebody
suggest a brand or type that is good? Also, how does one upgrade
frimware on the canon 20D?

thanks

Rene

You mean like this?
http://www.hoodmanusa.com/flip_up.asp

It works good for me, and the vendor is pleasant and responsive.

--
Frank ess

--
Anabella M.

....it's better to have loved and lost
than to have never seen "Lost in Space"!
--Kelly Bundy

I, too, broke the flimsy sides of my Hoodman and quickly realized that I
could live without them. Haven't missed the little sides at all.

Old November 6th 05, 03:17 PM
wilt

I have the Hoodman. I like the fact that the screen is fully protected
when the Hoodman is closed, even though many claim that the LCD cover
plastic is pretty durable and easily changed. I find that in daylight
the screen is still somewhat difficult to see due to bright ambient
light, even if the Hoodman helps shield it from direct sun. I have had
it on my 20D for about 3 months now, without problem about breakage.

Old November 7th 05, 10:24 PM
Ed Velez

Here is another LCD protector and light cover..

http://www.delkin.com/store/customer...&cat=63&page=1

I have it and it does have its pluses and minuses. Not that easy to open in
you have no fingernails.

ups.com...