300d how do you keep the screen scratch free?

Old January 25th 05, 07:56 PM
Steven Campbell

Default 300d how do you keep the screen scratch free?

How do folk keep their screen scratch free? Do you use a screen protector?

I was used to a Canon EOS 100 hanging around my neck but doing the same with
the 300d would just create loads of scratches instantly.

Cheers

--
Steven
Replace the word THREE to the number three if replying.

Old January 25th 05, 08:12 PM

Steven Campbell wrote:

I was used to a Canon EOS 100 hanging around my neck but doing the

same with
the 300d would just create loads of scratches instantly.

Actually, it doesn't. Even if it did, though, who cares? Did you buy
a museum piece, or a tool?

Old January 25th 05, 08:22 PM
railfan

I bought a package of clear screen protectors intended for PDAs and cut
a piece to fit the LCD on my Digital Rebel. I found out later there
are ones especially made for digital cameras.

I saw a message posted somewhere for a hard plastic protector made
specially for the DigiReb, and ordered one. Really nice, attaches with
double sided tape strips. I haven't applied it yet as the screen
protector seems to be doing an OK job, and I was concerned with this
rather thick piece of plastic on the back of the camera getting caught
in clothing when carrying the camera. Anyway you can check out the
site and see for yourself: http://www.daproducts.com/index.htm

Not very expensive and might be just what you need!

Bob Boudreau
Canada

Old January 25th 05, 08:41 PM
C J Campbell

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
How do folk keep their screen scratch free? Do you use a screen protector?

Well, the Nikon D70 comes with one. What do you want to bet that 99% of D70
owners never bother to replace the screen protector when its scratched?

Old January 25th 05, 09:04 PM
Joseph Meehan

Steven Campbell wrote:
How do folk keep their screen scratch free? Do you use a screen
protector?

I was used to a Canon EOS 100 hanging around my neck but doing the
same with the 300d would just create loads of scratches instantly.

Cheers

Well considering how poor the image on those screens are normally, I
don't think I would want to degrade it more with a "protector" on it.

I really like the commercial for the auto insurance company of the guy
wrapping his car in bubble wrap so he will be safe without insurance. Yea.

--
Joseph Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math

Old January 25th 05, 09:44 PM
JCToronto

I've been posting for years in PDA, Cellphone and digicam forums
whenever this issue comes up about the perfect protector that is dirt
cheap... Older han digital too.

Any art store will carry it - its a long role of thin, transparent
vinyl film that's used is meant to be used as a protective cover on
books, cupboard shelves etc... Its very cheap and comes in a long role
providing more than you'd ever need.
I have no idea what it's called... tons of companies make it.

Old January 25th 05, 09:56 PM
JCToronto

Incidentally, its also used to "preserve" unfinished
drawings/paintings... in case you want to ask for it... I use it for
all my gadgets - It hardly distorts the screen at all (depending on the
manufacturer - different thincknesses)

Old January 25th 05, 10:57 PM
Steven Campbell

"JCToronto" wrote in message
ups.com...
Incidentally, its also used to "preserve" unfinished
drawings/paintings... in case you want to ask for it... I use it for
all my gadgets - It hardly distorts the screen at all (depending on the
manufacturer - different thincknesses)

Any idea at all what its called?

Old January 25th 05, 11:00 PM
sid derra

"JCToronto" wrote in message
ups.com...
Incidentally, its also used to "preserve" unfinished
drawings/paintings... in case you want to ask for it... I use it for
all my gadgets - It hardly distorts the screen at all (depending on the
manufacturer - different thincknesses)

depending on the manufacturer you also might get nasty residue or even
chemical reactions with the plalank stic screen. i know it usually goes good
for a while - but what about a year from now? just raising issues... bwindow
clings seem to be a good idea to me, as they arent as adhesive and can
easily be swapped.

sid

Old January 26th 05, 02:12 AM
Frank ess

sid derra wrote:
"JCToronto" wrote in message
ups.com...
Incidentally, its also used to "preserve" unfinished
drawings/paintings... in case you want to ask for it... I use it
for
all my gadgets - It hardly distorts the screen at all (depending on
the manufacturer - different thincknesses)

depending on the manufacturer you also might get nasty residue or even
chemical reactions with the plalank stic screen. i know it usually
goes good for a while - but what about a year from now? just raising
issues... bwindow clings seem to be a good idea to me, as they arent
as adhesive and can easily be swapped.

sid

I wonder if the self-cling plastic sold to make window decals on inkjet
printers would be useful. I haven't looked lately, but it seems to me it
was a dollar or less per 8 1/2 by 11 sheet, and if cutting up one
demonstrates it doesn't work, you can print some sunshine catchers for
the kitchen window. Don't forget to reverse the image, or you'll be
posting the things outdoors, or backwards.

--
Frank ess

Forecasting is difficult. Particularly about the Future.
—Deepak Gupta