D80 ISO examples

Old August 30th 06, 01:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joan

Default D80 ISO examples

http://flickr.com/photos/jncarter/se...7594250979274/

--
Joan

Old August 30th 06, 02:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Steffen Kluge

Joan wrote:
http://flickr.com/photos/jncarter/se...7594250979274/

Hmm, looks like the D80 shows severe vertical banding...

Cheers
Steffen.

Old August 30th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Unclaimed Mysteries

Steffen Kluge wrote:
Joan wrote:
http://flickr.com/photos/jncarter/se...7594250979274/

Hmm, looks like the D80 shows severe vertical banding...

Cheers
Steffen.

The what? Oh yes, the banding, vertical banding of course. Very severe,
very severe indeed. They're going to have to do something about that
forthwith.

http://www.unclaimedmysteries.net
Old August 30th 06, 10:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Wed, 30 Aug 2006 21:29:01 GMT, Unclaimed Mysteries wrote:

The what? Oh yes, the banding, vertical banding of course. Very severe,
very severe indeed. They're going to have to do something about that
forthwith.

I've been told that the in the next series of shots they'll use a
band covered with many small randomly colored and sized dots. I
can't figure out the reason for this change. Maybe you can be of
some assistance in solving The Mystery Of The Speckled Band.

Old August 31st 06, 09:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
MarkČ

Joan wrote:
http://flickr.com/photos/jncarter/se...7594250979274/

Instead of presenting only reduced images, I suggest you post 100% crops
from each shot, to include the same portion of the frame? That would offer
a much better indication of noise/lack of.

-Mark

www.pbase.com/markuson

Old August 31st 06, 09:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joan

They're not my images. You could send a message to the originator if
you want. There are few different people with sample shots from the
D80 in Flickr. Do a tag search for D80.

--
Joan

:
: Instead of presenting only reduced images, I suggest you post 100%
crops
: from each shot, to include the same portion of the frame? That
would offer
: a much better indication of noise/lack of.
:
: -Mark
:
: --
: Images (Plus Snaps & Grabs) by MarkČ at:
: www.pbase.com/markuson
:
:

Old September 1st 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
cjcampbell

Joan wrote:
http://flickr.com/photos/jncarter/se...7594250979274/

Um, right. Where did he get a D80?

Old September 1st 06, 02:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Joan

I presume at the product launch in Japan. There are a number of
photos on Flickr from different users of the same subject. Do a tag
search on flickr for Nikon D80.

--
Joan

"cjcampbell" wrote in message
oups.com...
:

Old September 1st 06, 05:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
cjcampbell

--

: Joan wrote:
: http://flickr.com/photos/jncarter/se...7594250979274/
:
:
: Um, right. Where did he get a D80?
:

I presume at the product launch in Japan. There are a number of
photos on Flickr from different users of the same subject. Do a tag
search on flickr for Nikon D80.

Hmmm. I think I will wait for photos taken by reputable reviewers --
people who can be trusted to actually have had access to the camera.

I cannot find any similar pictures taken with the D70 outside of
flickr. Odd that there are multiple posters on flickr who were there,
but nobody else.