We don' need no stiinkin' Kodachrome. We got jets, man, we got jets.

Old April 25th 07, 04:57 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Nicholas O. Lindan

Default We don' need no stiinkin' Kodachrome. We got jets, man, we got jets.

http://www.jemof.com/epfp.html **

So, who's the first to convert his jpgs to
Carrousel Compatible Media?

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm

** web site on making 8/16mm movies by ink-jet
printing on overhead transparency media.

Old April 25th 07, 10:47 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Graham Fountain

On a slightly similar note, in cases where I've got a digital B&W (scan and
photoshop fix from a neg, image shot digitally etc), I've often pondered a
way of getting a real B&W print. RA4 digital minilab prints from frontiers
etc just don't do it for me, and inkjet B&W prints look just disgusting. The
method i've considered is using an inkjet printer to print a negative onto
transparency paper at the final size (5x7, 8x10) and then contact print that
onto true B&W paper. I suspect it should go ok, because B&W inkjet prints
look horrible because of the mix of shades of colour. If it is then printed
onto B&W paper that won't be an issue.
One of these days I'll do some experimentation and actually try this. I've
added it to the "one of these days" list, which is getting things added to
it faster than things get ticked off :-(

nk.net...

Old April 26th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Richard Knoppow

"Graham Fountain" wrote in message
On a slightly similar note, in cases where I've got a
digital B&W (scan and photoshop fix from a neg, image shot
digitally etc), I've often pondered a way of getting a
real B&W print. RA4 digital minilab prints from frontiers
etc just don't do it for me, and inkjet B&W prints look
just disgusting. The method i've considered is using an
inkjet printer to print a negative onto transparency paper
at the final size (5x7, 8x10) and then contact print that
onto true B&W paper. I suspect it should go ok, because
B&W inkjet prints look horrible because of the mix of
shades of colour. If it is then printed onto B&W paper
that won't be an issue.
One of these days I'll do some experimentation and
actually try this. I've added it to the "one of these
days" list, which is getting things added to it faster
than things get ticked off :-(

Its too bad no one makes panchromatic paper any more.
Perhaps Ilford could be talked into making some, I suspect
there would be enough of a market to justify a couple of
runs a year. Panchromatic paper makes excellent prints from
color negatives and can be used for making paper negatives
for printing from color transparencies although its probably
better to make an enlarged interneg using something like
T-Max 100.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old April 26th 07, 12:45 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Richard Knoppow

"Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote in message
nk.net...
http://www.jemof.com/epfp.html **

So, who's the first to convert his jpgs to
Carrousel Compatible Media?

--
Nicholas O. Lindan, Cleveland, Ohio
http://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm
n o lindan at ix dot netcom dot com

** web site on making 8/16mm movies by ink-jet
printing on overhead transparency media.

Ektacolor and Ektachrome were notorious for color
fading. Kodachrome has excellent resistance to fading when
stored in the dark but will fade when subjected to strong
light as when its projected. Ektachrome actually has better
resistance to intense light but fades in the dark.
Eastman color negative film, on which a great many
feature pictures were photographed, also faded pretty
rapidly, the original Anscocolor was even worse. A lot of
old color movies exist now because of frame by frame
computer restoration. Some producers had color separation
master postives made from the original color negative.
These, of course, are B&W with a very long life, but not
many producers had the forsight to spend the extra money to
do it.
The original Technicolor process made three color
separation negatives directly in the camera. These have
survived pretty well other than the usual problems with
nitrate film. Also, Technicolor used quite stable dyes in
their dye transfer prints so many Technicolor prints from
the 30's and 40's are still in good shape, at least as far
as color. Again, the nitrate film of the time has mostly
decomposed to the point where it can't be projected.

--
---
Richard Knoppow

Old April 26th 07, 07:18 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Nadvornick

"Graham Fountain" wrote:

On a slightly similar note, in cases where I've got a
digital B&W (scan and photoshop fix from a neg,
image shot digitally etc), I've often pondered a way
of getting a real B&W print. RA4 digital minilab prints
from frontiers etc just don't do it for me, and inkjet
B&W prints look just disgusting.

Hi Graham,

Try http://preview.tinyurl.com/h4tgh .

(This is a previewable link to the Ilford Photo/Harman Technology Ltd.
site.)

You'd need to find a Durst Lambda or Océ Lightjet lab to do this, but it is
now doable.

Ken

Old April 26th 07, 07:37 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Nebenzahl

Nicholas O. Lindan spake thus:

http://www.jemof.com/epfp.html **

So, who's the first to convert his jpgs to
Carrousel Compatible Media?

One of the comments on this technique from one of the video clips echoes
my own reaction: " Oh my god you cut all the sprocket holes by
hand?!?!?! holy ****."

--
Any system of knowledge that is capable of listing films in order
of use of the word "****" is incapable of writing a good summary

- Matthew White, referring to Wikipedia on his WikiWatch site
(http://users.erols.com/mwhite28/wikiwoo.htm)
Old April 26th 07, 05:42 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Scott W

Darkroom Automation: F-Stop Timers, Enlarging Metershttp://www.darkroomautomation.com/index.htm
n o lindan at ix dot netcom dot com

** web site on making 8/16mm movies by ink-jet
printing on overhead transparency media.

Seems like a huge amount of work for an incredibly poor result.

Scott

Old April 26th 07, 06:14 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Nebenzahl

Scott W spake thus:

On Apr 25, 5:57 am, "Nicholas O. Lindan" wrote:

http://www.jemof.com/epfp.html**

So, who's the first to convert his jpgs to
Carrousel Compatible Media?

** web site on making 8/16mm movies by ink-jet
printing on overhead transparency media.

Seems like a huge amount of work for an incredibly poor result.

You might be missing the point of the exercise, which is certainly not
the development of a commercially-viable process. It's something called
"fun".

I wrote the guy and suggested he might try 16mm as a medium (4x the
image area).

Old April 26th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Ken Nadvornick

"Ken Nadvornick" wrote:

Hi Graham,

Try http://preview.tinyurl.com/h4tgh .

(This is a previewable link to the Ilford Photo/Harman Technology Ltd.
site.)

You'd need to find a Durst Lambda or Océ Lightjet lab to do this, but it

is
now doable.

Follow up...

Here's a Lambda lab in Toronto, Canada offering the above technology. They
were also active as a "pre-launch trial" test site for the new Ilford
product.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/2q87r6

(This is a previewable link to Elevator Digital's Photographic Services
page.)

Click on the "Lambda Premium Digital Printing" link to load a price list in
a PDF-formatted document.

Ken

Old April 26th 07, 10:54 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom,rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Scott Schuckert

In article et,
Nicholas O. Lindan wrote:

http://www.jemof.com/epfp.html **

So, who's the first to convert his jpgs to
Carrousel Compatible Media?

You know that hardware to do this has been available commercially for
quite some time? In fact it's less common now than it was 10 years ago.
Here's a source a quick search came up with:

http://computergraphicsgroup.com/filmrecs/laser.htm