Canon DPP and CS3 problem

Old October 31st 07, 05:54 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Canon DPP and CS3 problem

I have been using Canon's Digital Photo Professional software (v3.0
and now v3.2) along with Photoshop CS2. I use the "Transfer to
Photoshop" function to bring the processed RAW file directly into
Photoshop. It worked perfectly. However, I upgraded to CS3 and
uninstalled CS2. That function no longer works. DPP will bring up CS3,
but no image is transferred. I am running a WinXP system.

Anyone have any insight into this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Old November 2nd 07, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Nov 2, 11:52 am, wrote:
On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:54:28 -0700, in rec.photo.digital W

wrote:
I have been using Canon's Digital Photo Professional software (v3.0
and now v3.2) along with Photoshop CS2. I use the "Transfer to
Photoshop" function to bring the processed RAW file directly into
Photoshop. It worked perfectly. However, I upgraded to CS3 and
uninstalled CS2. That function no longer works. DPP will bring up CS3,
but no image is transferred. I am running a WinXP system.

Anyone have any insight into this problem?

The first step iI see is to try re-installing DPP.

I reinstalled DPP and CS3. No difference.

Old November 3rd 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Steve Dell

The current RAW converter in CS3 is great. I might ditch DPP altogether for
CS3.

just my $0.02

Steve
oups.com...

Old November 3rd 07, 07:48 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

On Nov 2, 8:20 pm, wrote:
On Fri, 02 Nov 2007 09:59:31 -0700, in rec.photo.digital W

wrote:
I reinstalled DPP and CS3. No difference.

Did you uninstall, then reinstall? Or reinstall over the top of the
current installation? One consideration is un/reinstall might remove bad
registry values which might be then correctly applied on the reinstall.
Have you looked at the DPP support site regarding issues such as this?

I did not uninstall first. You make a good point. I may try that next.
I am working with Canon's support on this problem. They have not given
me a solution yet.