Stoogey Returns from the Net.Dead - "I have a great sense of humor"

Old June 24th 04, 01:56 PM
±

Default Stoogey Returns from the Net.Dead - "I have a great sense of humor"

Bill Cleere wrote:

"spooge" wrote in message .. .
Soapy wrote in
:

spooge wrote in

Soapy wrote in
:

Lionel wrote in

[...]

Didn't your mother teach you not to speak when your mouth is
full of Humpy's cock?

Will you ever tire of making an idiot of yourself?

Oh, the irony:

"I wanna be the secretary of something. Does the Secretary of
Interior
get to decorate the White House?"

I see you're still the humorless git you always were, Stoogie.

Sorry dearie, I have a great sense of humor. Try writing some and I'll show
you.

Thanks for the .sig fodder

Even Sherlock Holmes wouldn't be able to find this supposed "great sense
of humor".

--
http://www.geocities.com/snuhsite

-------
/ \
/ \ /-----\
| (@) | | SnuH |
| (O) | \_ ___/
| / | ||
| \ /_ / //
\ \____/ / /
\ /
\_____,
Old June 24th 04, 04:30 PM
Don Wheeler

Default ***FLASH*** sCI-fI writer Ray Bradbury claims ownership of the word"Fahrenheit"

"Fahrenheit"

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=38776

In an interview the
author conducted by the Swedish
daily Dagens Nyheter, Mr. Bradbury is quoted as saying:

"Michael Moore is a screwed
a--hole, that is what I think about
that case," Bradbury said according
to an English translation of the
story. "He stole my title and
changed the numbers without ever
asking me for permission."

Continued the author:
"[Moore] is a horrible human being
– horrible human!"

-- Ray Bradbury

Bradbury dismissed any chance of
the title being changed at this point:

"Who cares? Nobody will see his
movie. It is almost dead already.
Never mind, nobody cares."

Of the Cannes award, Bradbury
told the paper: "I have won prizes
in different places and they are
mostly meaningless. The people
there hate us, which is why they
gave him the d'Or. It's a
meaningless prize."

dw

They will do whatever we let them get away with.

-- Joseph Heller
"Find out just what any people will quietly
submit to and you have found out the exact measure
of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..."
--Frederick Douglass --
There is no calamity which a great nation
can invite which equals that which follows
a supine submission to wrong and injustice.
--Grover Cleveland
Whenever citizens are seen routinely as enemies
of their own government, writers are routinely
seen to be the most dangerous enemies.

--E.L. Doctorow
"What luck for the rulers that men do not think."
--Adolf Hitler
"The first duty of a revolutionary
is to be educated." --Jose Marti
MUSSELMANN (German)
Concentration camp slang word for a prisoner
who had given up fighting for life.
"Washing one's hands of the conflict between
the powerful and the powerless means to side
with the powerful, not to be neutral."

--Paulo Friere
"When you are neutral in situations of
injustice, you have chosen the side of
the oppressor".
--Bishop Desmond Tutu--
We who have a Voice must be a
Voice for the Voiceless!

Oscar Romero, 1980
"In the End, we will remember not the words of
our enemies, but the silence of our friends. "
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
"The West won the world not by the superiority of
its ideas or values or religion but rather by its
its superiority in applying organized violence.
Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners
never do."
--Samuel P. Huntington
"I think it would be a good idea. "
- Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948), when asked
what he thought of Western civilization

Old June 24th 04, 09:02 PM
Charlie Self

Don Wheeler writes:

He stole my title and
changed the numbers without ever
asking me for permission."

Titles cannot be copyrighted. Bradbury almost certainly knows that. Makes you
wonder who the asshole is.

Charlie Self
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from
man."
H. L. Mencken

Old June 25th 04, 09:26 AM
Ron Hunter

Charlie Self wrote:

Don Wheeler writes:

He stole my title and
changed the numbers without ever
asking me for permission."

Titles cannot be copyrighted. Bradbury almost certainly knows that. Makes you
wonder who the asshole is.

Charlie Self
"It is even harder for the average ape to believe that he has descended from
man."
H. L. Mencken

In this case, that is quite clear.
Old June 27th 04, 06:34 AM
±

Don Wheeler wrote:

"Fahrenheit"

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=38776

In an interview the
author conducted by the Swedish
daily Dagens Nyheter, Mr. Bradbury is quoted as saying:

"Michael Moore is a screwed
a--hole, that is what I think about
that case," Bradbury said according
to an English translation of the
story. "He stole my title and
changed the numbers without ever
asking me for permission."

"Something Wicked This Way Comes" stolen from William Shakespeare.
"I Sing the Body Electric!" stolen from Walt Whitman.
"Golden Apples of the Sun" stolen from William Butler Yeats.

Continued the author:
"[Moore] is a horrible human being
– horrible human!"

-- Ray Bradbury

Bradbury dismissed any chance of
the title being changed at this point:

"Who cares? Nobody will see his
movie. It is almost dead already.
Never mind, nobody cares."

Of the Cannes award, Bradbury
told the paper: "I have won prizes
in different places and they are
mostly meaningless. The people
there hate us, which is why they
gave him the d'Or. It's a
meaningless prize."

dw

They will do whatever we let them get away with.

-- Joseph Heller
"Find out just what any people will quietly
submit to and you have found out the exact measure
of injustice and wrong which will be imposed upon them..."
--Frederick Douglass --
There is no calamity which a great nation
can invite which equals that which follows
a supine submission to wrong and injustice.
--Grover Cleveland
Whenever citizens are seen routinely as enemies
of their own government, writers are routinely
seen to be the most dangerous enemies.

--E.L. Doctorow
"What luck for the rulers that men do not think."
--Adolf Hitler
"The first duty of a revolutionary
is to be educated." --Jose Marti
MUSSELMANN (German)
Concentration camp slang word for a prisoner
who had given up fighting for life.
"Washing one's hands of the conflict between
the powerful and the powerless means to side
with the powerful, not to be neutral."

--Paulo Friere
"When you are neutral in situations of
injustice, you have chosen the side of
the oppressor".
--Bishop Desmond Tutu--
We who have a Voice must be a
Voice for the Voiceless!

Oscar Romero, 1980
"In the End, we will remember not the words of
our enemies, but the silence of our friends. "
- Martin Luther King Jr. (1929-1968)
"The West won the world not by the superiority of
its ideas or values or religion but rather by its
its superiority in applying organized violence.
Westerners often forget this fact, non-Westerners
never do."
--Samuel P. Huntington
"I think it would be a good idea. "
- Mahatma Gandhi (1869-1948), when asked
what he thought of Western civilization

http://www.geocities.com/snuhsite

-------
/ \
/ \ /-----\
| (@) | | SnuH |
| (O) | \_ ___/
| / | ||
| \ /_ / //
\ \____/ / /
\ /
\_____,
Old June 27th 04, 04:05 PM
Phil Wheeler

± wrote:

Don Wheeler wrote:

"Fahrenheit"

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/ar...TICLE_ID=38776

In an interview the
author conducted by the Swedish
daily Dagens Nyheter, Mr. Bradbury is quoted as saying:

"Michael Moore is a screwed
a--hole, that is what I think about
that case," Bradbury said according
to an English translation of the
story. "He stole my title and
changed the numbers without ever
asking me for permission."

"Something Wicked This Way Comes" stolen from William Shakespeare.
"I Sing the Body Electric!" stolen from Walt Whitman.
"Golden Apples of the Sun" stolen from William Butler Yeats.

Not unusual, that practice. The difference is that those authors were
dead and therefore the courtesy of asking permission could not be
extended. Moore did have that opportunity, since Bradbury is alive.

Phil

Old June 27th 04, 08:27 PM
Don Wheeler

Phil Wheeler wrote:

± wrote:

Don Wheeler wrote:

[...]

And , according to Michael Moore, he did try to talk to him "many" times
prior as a courtesy,
but Bradburry refused all requests to speak with Moore..

Do you have any information that Moore did not , as you seem to imply ?

don

Old June 27th 04, 09:42 PM
Phil Wheeler

Don Wheeler wrote:

Phil Wheeler wrote:

± wrote:

Don Wheeler wrote:

[...]

Of course not; no tap on his phone by me. But "according to Michael
Moore" means little to me.

Phil

Old June 28th 04, 02:10 AM
Don Wheeler

Phil Wheeler wrote:

Don Wheeler wrote:

Phil Wheeler wrote:

± wrote:

Don Wheeler wrote:

[...]

But , of course !
Meanings are like opinions, we all have one..

don wheeler

Old June 28th 04, 05:42 AM
Ted Azito

Bradbury is a dick.