Need a Good Quality xD USB Card Reader or Multiple Card Reader

Old August 22nd 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike

Default Need a Good Quality xD USB Card Reader or Multiple Card Reader

Hi, I'd like to buy a good quality xD USB2 card reader or a multiple card
reader thaty includes xD cards.
Re ommendations are welcomed.

Thanks,

Mike

Old August 22nd 06, 10:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mamamia

In article vRsGg.8256$St4.6954@trnddc01, "Mike"
wrote:
Hi, I'd like to buy a good quality xD USB2 card reader or a multiple card
reader thaty includes xD cards.
Re ommendations are welcomed.
Thanks,
Mike

SanDisk ImageMate SDDR-99-A15 Card Reader
--
We could certainly slow the aging process down
if it had to work its way through Congress.
Old August 23rd 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike

wrote:
Hi, I'd like to buy a good quality xD USB2 card reader or a multiple card
reader thaty includes xD cards.
Re ommendations are welcomed.
Thanks,
Mike

SanDisk ImageMate SDDR-99-A15 Card Reader

It looks good,

Thanks

Mike

Old August 23rd 06, 08:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
ASAAR

On Wed, 23 Aug 2006 01:16:27 GMT, Mike wrote:

SanDisk ImageMate SDDR-99-A15 Card Reader

It looks good,

The SDDR-99-A15 may be perfectly compatible, but several weeks ago
I tried a SanDisk card adapter (not a card reader) that worked with
most xD cards but not the newer high speed type H xD cards. You may
want to first check Sandisk's website, or with their tech. support
about their card reader's xD compatibility. I haven't seen any of
the 2GB xD cards, but they've been announced. Tech. support may not
be able to comfirm compatibility with the 2GB pieces, but it
wouldn't hurt to ask about that too.

Old August 28th 06, 12:28 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Adam Helberg

wrote:
Hi, I'd like to buy a good quality xD USB2 card reader or a multiple
card
reader thaty includes xD cards.
Re ommendations are welcomed.
Thanks,
Mike

SanDisk ImageMate SDDR-99-A15 Card Reader

It looks good,

Thanks

Mike

I've had problems losing data when inserting a Type H card into a card
reader. I would try this first with you photos backed up from you picture
card, via the camera.

Adam

Old August 29th 06, 01:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike

"Adam Helberg" wrote in message
ink.net...

Mike

I've had problems losing data when inserting a Type H card into a card
reader. I would try this first with you photos backed up from you picture
card, via the camera.

Adam

What's and "H" card?

Old August 29th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Adam Helberg

"Mike" wrote in message news:HxLIg.7937$Xl5.3527@trnddc06...

"Adam Helberg" wrote in message
ink.net...

Mike

I've had problems losing data when inserting a Type H card into a card reader. I
would try this first with you photos backed up from you picture card, via the
camera.

Adam

What's and "H" card?

There are 3 types of xd cards out there. The plain ones that I believe max out at
512Mb, and ones that compress data. Of the compression cards Type H is newer and
faster than Type M.

Adam

Old September 1st 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mike

"Mamamia" wrote in message

Mike

I've had problems losing data when inserting a Type H card into a card
reader. I would try this first with you photos backed up from you picture
card, via the camera.

Adam

What is a type "H" card? My Olympus uses xD cards.

Mike