Freebie Chapters on Optics

Old November 16th 05, 10:29 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm

Default Freebie Chapters on Optics

I have been looking for a book that gives a basic background of
photography as a science and not as an art, and found one of the best
books was published in 1868 by Mathew Carey Lea, called "a Manual of
Photography". It is still available as a hardcover for a fair piece of
change.

What I have done is re-publish the book, re-edit and completely
re-Typeset the book for readability, and re-draw the engravings in the
book for legibility. Not only as a book describing collodion and both
wet and dry plate photography, this is a very good book to explore the
use of a large format camera and photography as a science, and should
not be thought of as a "dated" book at all.

I am offering the chapters 5-10 on optics as a free download, as I have
found them to be eminently worthwhile.

http://www.lulu.com/content/185717