epson 9600

Old June 28th 04, 05:31 AM
Gene Palmiter

Default epson 9600

Anyone have one of these? Any problems? Who has the best prices...and what
are they going for?

--
Thanks,
Gene Palmiter

Old June 28th 04, 05:57 AM
Bob Hatch

"Gene Palmiter" wrote in message

Anyone have one of these? Any problems? Who has the best prices...and
what are they going for?

Gene, I have a 7600 and the printer has been running for 18 months now
without a problem. I don't see how the 9600 would do less. The images are
stunning and if you use the Atkinson profiles from Epson and have a
calibrated monitor you should pretty much have a wysiwyg system.

I mostly use the Epson Premium Luster paper but have just tried a Pro Matte
from Lexjet I like better. I also use qimage to layout small prints on the
large paper, and that can save a bunch of time and paper.

Let us know what you decide to do.
--
"Your money does not cause my poverty. Refusal to believe
this is at the bottom of most bad economic thinking." --P. J. O'Rourke

Old June 28th 04, 06:24 AM
Gene Palmiter

I have been very happy with prints I have ordered printed on canvas...they
sale real fast. I only shoot 4mp (Oly E-10) but with Genuine Fractals and
the texture of the canvas to help I have gone as large as 3x4 feet with good
results. I have sold them for $350 but they cost me $200. If I get a state
arts grant I am applying for I will get the printer...then I can get the
price down to where I can sell more of them.

Old June 28th 04, 06:36 AM
Bob Hatch

"Gene Palmiter" wrote in message

I have been very happy with prints I have ordered printed on
canvas...they sale real fast. I only shoot 4mp (Oly E-10) but with
Genuine Fractals and the texture of the canvas to help I have gone as
large as 3x4 feet with good results. I have sold them for $350 but
they cost me $200. If I get a state arts grant I am applying for I
will get the printer...then I can get the price down to where I can
sell more of them.

If you get the printer your cost for a 36 x 48 canvas will be about $29.82
give or take a little bit.

Old June 28th 04, 08:00 AM
gsum

I second Bob's comments. My 7600 paid for itself very quickly and
has worked perfectly for about 15 months. The 7600 costs about
2600 UK pounds inc tax. Not sure of the cost of the 9600.

Graham