Q: Bandwidth: Adobe Creative Cloud

Old December 23rd 13, 07:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Usenet Account

Default Q: Bandwidth: Adobe Creative Cloud

Now that Adobe has decided to go online with Photoshop, is anybody here
using the "service" and if so has has that effected your Internet bandwidth?

Many of us have bandcaps, and I can see the additional traffic pushing
the limits. It's all well and good for Adobe to say it's only
$10-40/month, but at $2/MB for overage what is the hidden costs?

Any real World users that can shed some light of their before and after
bandwidth usage.

--
Men make their own history, but they do not make it as they please; they
do not make it under self-selected circumstances, but under
Old December 23rd 13, 07:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_4_]

On 12/23/2013 1:07 PM, Usenet Account wrote:
Now that Adobe has decided to go online with Photoshop, is anybody here
using the "service" and if so has has that effected your Internet
bandwidth?

Many of us have bandcaps, and I can see the additional traffic pushing
the limits. It's all well and good for Adobe to say it's only
$10-40/month, but at $2/MB for overage what is the hidden costs?

Any real World users that can shed some light of their before and after
bandwidth usage.

Sorry. I have unlimited bandwith. So far no issues.

--
PeterN
Old December 23rd 13, 07:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , Usenet Account
wrote:

Now that Adobe has decided to go online with Photoshop, is anybody here
using the "service" and if so has has that effected your Internet bandwidth?

it won't make a difference and it's not a service. photoshop is
installed on your computer, just like it always has.

the difference is that it now pings their server about once a month to
verify that you're a paying customer and the amount of data to do that
is tiny.

there are other cloud options that can use more bandwidth but you don't
have to use those if you don't want to.
Old December 23rd 13, 07:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article , android
wrote:

Now that Adobe has decided to go online with Photoshop, is anybody here
using the "service" and if so has has that effected your Internet bandwidth?

Many of us have bandcaps, and I can see the additional traffic pushing
the limits. It's all well and good for Adobe to say it's only
$10-40/month, but at $2/MB for overage what is the hidden costs?

Any real World users that can shed some light of their before and after
bandwidth usage.

Sorry for my ignorance but can't you store files locally anymore?

of course you can.
Old December 23rd 13, 07:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-12-23 18:07:15 +0000, Usenet Account said:

Now that Adobe has decided to go online with Photoshop, is anybody here
using the "service"

Yes! There are several of us here using PS CC, PeterN, Jonas(Sandman),
Eric Stevens, I believe Otter might be using it and there are probably
a few more. Remember their software will live on you computer, not
their servers.

and if so has has that effected your Internet bandwidth?

Your only bandwidth usage is the download of the various Adobe
software, any updates, and if you are uploading to the Adobe Behance
web service. then Adobe expects to find their rent paid, so
approximately every six weeks the software will call home, and that is
just a ping.
All work is done on installed software, not online. You work is yours
and is stored locally on your computer and hard drive(s).

You have the option to post collections and collaborative projects to
Behance. With a standard subscription you have 20GB of space.

Many of us have bandcaps, and I can see the additional traffic pushing
the limits. It's all well and good for Adobe to say it's only
$10-40/month, but at $2/MB for overage what is the hidden costs?

I would look into finding another ISP or upgrading your Broadband
package, especially if you make use of any of the streaming services
such as Netflix, Hulu, the Smithsonian Channel, online tutorials, etc.

You would use more bandwidth using Picasa online to do your editing.

Any real World users that can shed some light of their before and after
bandwidth usage.

As I said, your only bandwidth usage is for the initial software
download, updates, and any uploads you might make, overall an
insignificant amount.

Savageduck

Old December 23rd 13, 07:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On 2013-12-23 18:24:45 +0000, android said:

In article ,
Usenet Account wrote:

Now that Adobe has decided to go online with Photoshop, is anybody here
using the "service" and if so has has that effected your Internet bandwidth?

Many of us have bandcaps, and I can see the additional traffic pushing
the limits. It's all well and good for Adobe to say it's only
$10-40/month, but at $2/MB for overage what is the hidden costs?

Any real World users that can shed some light of their before and after
bandwidth usage.

Sorry for my ignorance but can't you store files locally anymore?

All your files are stored locally, storage on Adobe's cloud servers
with syncing between desktop and cloud is coming soon. Right now
subscribers have 20GB of web space on Adobe's Behance site. Both cloud,
& online set ups are optional. You will not have your work held to
ransom.
https://www.behance.net/search

Savageduck