Apple releases 3 more reasons to let your children eat hotdogs for a couple months

Old September 13th 18, 06:09 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Apple releases 3 more reasons to let your children eat hotdogs for a couple months

On Sep 12, 2018, RichA wrote
(in ):

Wow! 3 more overpriced cellphones. One model up to $1500 while the "economy"
model is $750.00. I sure the usual sheep will be flocking to the stores, at
midnight to be first in-line for bragging rights. Meanwhile, Apple just fell
behind Huawei in phone sales.

Nope! Not for me, I am more than happy enough with my iPhone 8+ which has yet to
have its first oil change.

I have already engaged in an end of Summer spending spree to the benefit of B&H,
and Apple to the tune of $5,198 for a pre-order of an X-T3 + battery grip, and a
new 27” 5K iMac.

....and earlier this year I treated myself to an XF100-400mm. So that has been a
chunk out of my toy budget for the year.

Old September 14th 18, 05:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 13, 2018, RichA wrote
(in ):

On Thursday, 13 September 2018 01:09:28 UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
On Sep 12, 2018, RichA wrote
(in ):

Wow! 3 more overpriced cellphones. One model up to $1500 while the
“economy" model is $750.00. I sure the usual sheep will be flocking to the stores, at
midnight to be first in-line for bragging rights. Meanwhile, Apple just fell behind Huawei in phone sales.

Nope! Not for me, I am more than happy enough with my iPhone 8+ which has yet to have its first oil change.

I have already engaged in an end of Summer spending spree to the benefit of B&H, and Apple to the tune of $5,198 for a pre-order of an X-T3 + battery grip,
and a new 27” 5K iMac.

...and earlier this year I treated myself to an XF100-400mm. So that has been a chunk out of my toy budget for the year.

I know one iPhone 8 user who was very happy, until he mistakenly upgraded the
OS...

Why was that iP8 user unhappy after an iOS upgrade?
My iP8+ is currently up to date with iOS 11.4.1 and I have yet to experience any
problems. In my hands it has been my best iPhone to date, and I am not lured by
Face ID.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erietngsrcoti4u/IMG_2598e.jpg?dl=0

Old September 14th 18, 03:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 9/13/18 PDT 8:10 PM, RichA wrote:
[...]

OMG! Oh, heavens, that is so telling. Pretty sure that means all iPhone
8's are p.o.s.'s...

Old September 15th 18, 12:25 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
RichA wrote:

I know one iPhone 8 user who was very happy, until he mistakenly upgraded
the OS...

Why was that iP8 user unhappy after an iOS upgrade?
My iP8+ is currently up to date with iOS 11.4.1 and I have yet to
experience any
problems. In my hands it has been my best iPhone to date, and I am not
lured by Face ID.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erietngsrcoti4u/IMG_2598e.jpg?dl=0

The usual ones, you get used to things, then they change, slowing-down your
ability to use something until you become fluid with the new system.

in other words, you're blowing smoke.
Old September 15th 18, 12:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 14, 2018, RichA wrote
(in ):

On Friday, 14 September 2018 00:57:35 UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

The usual ones,

What “usual ones”?

you get used to things, then they change, slowing-down your
ability to use something until you become fluid with the new system.

So, it seems that you do not know what you are talking about.

Savageduck

Old September 15th 18, 12:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

On Sep 14, 2018, RichA wrote
you get used to things, then they change, slowing-down your
ability to use something until you become fluid with the new system.

So, it seems that you do not know what you are talking about.

nothing new there.
Old September 15th 18, 06:40 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

On 9/14/18 PDT 4:15 PM, RichA wrote:
On Friday, 14 September 2018 10:02:50 UTC-4, photophan wrote:
[...]

You've never regretted doing an upgrade on anything, they've always been desperately needed and better than what you had before?

No desperation, and better for the most part; not worse. Only exception
was a free upgrade to a music identifying app which crippled it to try
to force you to pay. Switched to SoundHound, which I love. I think it
was Shazam that pulled the fast one. *******s.

Old September 17th 18, 03:16 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

On Sep 16, 2018, RichA wrote
(in ):

On Friday, 14 September 2018 19:42:37 UTC-4, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

I'm saying re-learning things because they changed, that were formerly done
by reflex because you know them so well takes time and the changes might not
even have been worth it.

What ‘things” have changed in iOS that require "re-learning"?

Have you ever owned, and used an iOS device that required you to "re-learn"
anything?

Why it that so hard for you to understand?

I understand that you have taken an anti-Apple position in all the years that
you have posted to r.p.d., and many times you make assertions that are vague,
and unsubstantiated

Savageduck
..

Old September 17th 18, 03:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article ,
RichA wrote:

I know one iPhone 8 user who was very happy, until he mistakenly
upgraded the OS...

Why was that iP8 user unhappy after an iOS upgrade?
My iP8+ is currently up to date with iOS 11.4.1 and I have yet to
experience any problems. In my hands it has been my best iPhone to
date, and I am not
lured by Face ID.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/erietngsrcoti4u/IMG_2598e.jpg?dl=0

The usual ones,

What usual ones?

you get used to things, then they change, slowing-down your
ability to use something until you become fluid with the new system.

So, it seems that you do not know what you are talking about.

I'm saying re-learning things because they changed, that were formerly done
by reflex because you know them so well takes time and the changes might not
even have been worth it. Why it that so hard for you to understand?

because it's a vague answer that reeks of being complete fabrication.

you ain't fooling anyone.

the iphone 8 is too new to have had *any* major os upgrade, let alone
one which changed enough to cause confusion.

the iphone 8 was released a year ago, originally with ios 11.0, and has
only had *minor* dot updates since then, now at 11.4.1.

the changes were mostly bug fixes and security patches, with a few
minor feature additions.

nothing in those updates would require relearning anything.

tl;dr - your story is complete bull****, assuming it even happened,
which it more than likely did not.
Old September 17th 18, 03:24 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

In article .com,
Savageduck wrote:

The usual ones,

What usual ones?

you get used to things, then they change, slowing-down your
ability to use something until you become fluid with the new system.

So, it seems that you do not know what you are talking about.

I'm saying re-learning things because they changed, that were formerly done
by reflex because you know them so well takes time and the changes might not
even have been worth it.

What things have changed in iOS that require "re-learning"?

Have you ever owned, and used an iOS device that required you to "re-learn"
anything?

Why it that so hard for you to understand?

I understand that you have taken an anti-Apple position in all the years that
you have posted to r.p.d., and many times you make assertions that are vague,
and unsubstantiated

many times?? try every time.