Sony Alpha A-100 MACRO Lens????

Old June 2nd 08, 04:00 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
David J. Littleboy

Default Sony Alpha A-100 MACRO Lens????

"infiniteMPG" wrote in message
I have a Sony A-100 and bought a Tamron AF 18-250/3.5-6.3 DI II Macro
Lens and really enjoy the system. One thing I have wanted to get into
was taking some tight closeup macro shots (bugs, flowers, etc) and
keep a decent depth of field without breaking the bank.

In macro work: the closer you get, the shallower the DOF. Stopping down
helps.

If you want to get closer, while close-up lenses aren't as good as a real
macro lens, they don't break the bank.

Does anyone
have a good recommended macro lens I can get to do some work like
this?

I don't know if this is a good set or not.

http://www.amazon.com/Tiffen-62mm-Cl.../dp/B00004ZCEH

The Nikon 5T and 6T close-up lenses are probably better. I'd guess that just
the 5T would be all you'd need for flowers, the 6T should get you even
closer.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan