Freeware/shareware editor needed

Old August 18th 06, 11:29 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Freeware/shareware editor needed

It has been years since I have done any programming so I my knowledge
of editors is out of date. I need something that will allow me to view
in ascii, hex, dec and binary and easily calculate offsets, plus search
and replace in buffer. I am sure I can find something on Tucows but if
anyone has a recommendation that they really like I would like to know.

TIA,
Ron

Old August 18th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Daniel Lindström

On 18 Aug 2006 03:29:06 -0700, "
wrote:

It has been years since I have done any programming so I my knowledge
of editors is out of date. I need something that will allow me to view
in ascii, hex, dec and binary and easily calculate offsets, plus search
and replace in buffer. I am sure I can find something on Tucows but if
anyone has a recommendation that they really like I would like to know.

TIA,
Ron

Check out:
http://www.pricelesswarehome.org/
Lots of good, tested freeware!

Good Luck
/Daniel L.

Old August 18th 06, 08:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Smike

Try XEDIT from
http://xedit.smike.ru
simple to use, no installation required
it shows hex+ASCII data, gives ability to seache ASCII or binary
sequences,
fills areas of buffer with constants or makes logical operations and a
lot of other

Old August 18th 06, 08:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Smike wrote:
Try XEDIT from
http://xedit.smike.ru
simple to use, no installation required
it shows hex+ASCII data, gives ability to seache ASCII or binary
sequences,
fills areas of buffer with constants or makes logical operations and a
lot of other

It looks perfect.

Thanks,
Ron

Old August 18th 06, 09:49 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

CANNOT SAVE IN DEMO MODE! WHAT A WAST OF F@#ING TIME.

Old August 19th 06, 03:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Dave

wrote:

It has been years since I have done any programming so I my knowledge
of editors is out of date. I need something that will allow me to view
in ascii, hex, dec and binary and easily calculate offsets, plus search
and replace in buffer. I am sure I can find something on Tucows but if
anyone has a recommendation that they really like I would like to know.

TIA,
Ron

Try Free hex Editor 1.0 from the following page.....lots of
features.no-install.and Free!!
http://www.answersthatwork.com/Downr...s_assorted.htm

Dave

--
"...voters are not apathetic; rather, they are too deeply concerned
with the nation's serious problems to be interested in the