Copyright theft of images

Old October 18th 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Copyright theft of images

This is a notice of a site, www.polyvore.com that encourages
collection of images from other sites to make new images.
From the polyvore web site:

"The Polyvore editor lets you create sets using items saved
from different web sites. The items you can use are listed
in the editor tabs. You can also search for items by keyword,
site, or color. After you have created a set, you can save,
tag and share it with your friends."

A discussion is going on at:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/funk...w-polyvore-com

I was contacted by another person who found my images
on the site. You might want to check if your images have
been stolen.

Roger
Old October 18th 07, 07:53 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
TheTruth[_5_]

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 00:03:10 -0600, "Roger N. Clark (change username to
rnclark)" wrote:

This is a notice of a site, www.polyvore.com that encourages
collection of images from other sites to make new images.
From the polyvore web site:

"The Polyvore editor lets you create sets using items saved
from different web sites. The items you can use are listed
in the editor tabs. You can also search for items by keyword,
site, or color. After you have created a set, you can save,
tag and share it with your friends."

A discussion is going on at:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/funk...w-polyvore-com

I was contacted by another person who found my images
on the site. You might want to check if your images have
been stolen.

Roger

You should be flattered, that anyone even bothered considered using them for
anything. I send people to look at your photos to show them what not to do if
they want to become a credible photographer some day.

Old October 18th 07, 03:19 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Chris Savage

On 2007-10-18, Roger N. Clark wrote:
This is a notice of a site, www.polyvore.com that encourages
collection of images from other sites to make new images.
From the polyvore web site:

Another bunch of Californians gets VC funding for a barely thought-out
AJAX website. Nothing new here. http://www.uncov.com

--
Chris Savage Kiss me. Or would you rather live in a
Gateshead, UK land where the soap won't lather?
Old October 18th 07, 04:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Cynicor[_3_]

This is a notice of a site, www.polyvore.com that encourages
collection of images from other sites to make new images.
From the polyvore web site:

"The Polyvore editor lets you create sets using items saved
from different web sites. The items you can use are listed
in the editor tabs. You can also search for items by keyword,
site, or color. After you have created a set, you can save,
tag and share it with your friends."

A discussion is going on at:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/funk...w-polyvore-com

I was contacted by another person who found my images
on the site. You might want to check if your images have
been stolen.

"You understand that any items you import, and sets you create on the
Website will be made available to the public. Further, you hereby grant
us, our affiliates, and our partners a worldwide, irrevocable,
royalty-free, nonexclusive, sublicensable license to use, reproduce,
create derivative works of, distribute, publicly perform, publicly
display, transfer, transmit, distribute, and publish the sets you have
created using the Website."
Old October 18th 07, 05:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article , Roger N. Clark (change username
to rnclark) says...

A discussion is going on at:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/funk...w-polyvore-com

"I sent polyvore a bill for $39,600 for use of the image for the last 3
months."

I hope you contacted a lawyer *before* sending that bill, didn't you?
--

Alfred Molon
Old October 18th 07, 09:47 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
The Spider from Little Miss Muffet

"Cynicor" wrote in message
t...
This is a notice of a site, www.polyvore.com that encourages
collection of images from other sites to make new images.
From the polyvore web site:

[...]

Well, that could have been shortened down quite a bit. "Please bend over and
smile!"

Psygnosis

Old October 18th 07, 10:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
soggycog

39600, i hope you're not serious roger. i could shoot 100 of those craps
and give them to polyvore.com for free. take it easy buddy.

On Oct 17 2007 11:03 PM, Roger N. Clark (change username to rnclark) wrote:

This is a notice of a site, www.polyvore.com that encourages
collection of images from other sites to make new images.
From the polyvore web site:

------*

Old October 19th 07, 12:38 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Jake_Weston

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 18:52:10 +0200, Alfred Molon wrote:

In article , Roger N. Clark (change username
to rnclark) says...

A discussion is going on at:
http://www.redbubble.com/people/funk...w-polyvore-com

"I sent polyvore a bill for $39,600 for use of the image for the last 3
months."

I hope you contacted a lawyer *before* sending that bill, didn't you?

It's the only way that Roger will ever get paid for his photography. He's been
hoping for something like this for years now. He can't get any buyers through
the continuous spamming of every newsgroup and forum in existence for the last
decade or more. Events like this are his only options to make his hobby finally
pay for itself.

He'll have to find a shady lawyer though, one that doesn't know anything about
photography. Any reputable lawyer who has ever held a camera would just laugh in
his face and tell Roger to pay polyvore for trying to improve his images. "What
damages? You weren't selling any! To top it off they improved your photos! Go
look up the word 'improvement' in relation to 'damages'. Now quit bothering me."

When he finds out that throwing away even more money on lawyer didn't get him
recompense for his hobby do you think he'll finally give up and accept what he's
been told all his life? "You have no talent!" Don't count on it. People like
him believe that all you need do is buy the most expensive camera to become a
photographer. They'll then believe all they need now is to buy the most
expensive lawyer. Same mindset, same failure rate. Same clown.

Usenet doesn't get more entertaining than this. Go Roger! Go! LOL

The intelligence and wisdom of a Dr. Proving yet again that even the most stupid
people on earth can claim that title, and often do. You do your title proud
Roger, reinforcing what everyone already knew. At least you are providing
another data-point on the graph, one that clearly puts "Drs." in the very lowest
end of the common-sense spectrum. What a nice legacy that you'll leave attached
to your name, "Here lies Roger, Just another Dr., Of non-cents and nonsense."

Old October 19th 07, 02:54 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Jake_Weston wrote:
[...]

Still jealous I see.

I didn't post this to be about my images, but to alert that this site
is stealing from many people and people may want to check the site
to see if their images have been stolen.

For the record, since this troll posts this same crap often,
I am not in business to sell photos, and this is stated on my
web site. Unfortunately, people like my images so they request
them often, so I put up prices for such requests. I also
supply images to researchers and for educational purposes
at no charge.

From the above troll rant, if you are wondering what is going on,
(for those new here), my images and a lot of information about
digital cameras, scanning, and sensor performance is at:
http://www.clarkvision.com

Perhaps the troll, since it says it steers people to my site to
illustrate how not to do photography, can point out the award winning
photos, including national best in show, and international awards.
If it knows my work so well, maybe it can list the books and calendars
where my images have been published, or the galleries where my
images are on display.
In reality it is just so jealous it can't stand it. It has
even made threats on my life. It changes its name often (e.g.
the post from TheTruth is the same person) for two purposes:
to circumvent filters, and to make it appear more people
share its view. It is very angry and jealous, and when its
true colors are shown, it gets angrier and spews more hate.
Get ready....

Roger
Old October 19th 07, 03:35 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
SPAM SPOTTER

On Thu, 18 Oct 2007 19:54:38 -0600, "Roger N. Clark (change username to
rnclark)" wrote:

From the above troll rant, if you are wondering what is going on,
(for those new here), my images and a lot of information about
digital cameras, scanning, and sensor performance is at:

spam link deleted

He never misses a beat nor excuse to spam again, and again, and again, and
again. It's all that he is and will ever be. Never expect more.