Huge 2mp camera with optical zoom

Old October 6th 04, 10:53 PM
scott

Default Huge 2mp camera with optical zoom

Maybe our 6mp sensors of today will be like this next year:

http://sharp-world.com/corporate/news/040916.html

Old October 7th 04, 07:55 AM
andre

scott wrote:
Maybe our 6mp sensors of today will be like this next year:

http://sharp-world.com/corporate/news/040916.html

And if we are really lucky we can even reckognize shapes behind all the
noise. What the heck. Its like computers. People look for GHz not actual
performance.

Enjoy your 6MP phone.

Andre

--
----------------------------------
http://www.aguntherphotography.com
Old October 7th 04, 10:45 AM
Siddhartha Jain

scott wrote:
Maybe our 6mp sensors of today will be like this next year:

http://sharp-world.com/corporate/news/040916.html

That won't change the physics behind photography. The more light you
gather the more are the chances of getting a good image. And as I
understand, the bigger your filming plane (film or sensor) and the
bigger your lens (light gathering hole), the better is your image
likely to be.

IMHO, the need to shrink phones and have a big lens/sensor to capture
good images are opposite directions. Something, that'll never make good
cameras out of phones. Yes, it is very much possible that the quality
of images from phones might be so *acceptable* to general users that
they switch to phones exclusively for shooting.

Personally, I want a hot-pluggable chip in my head to snap and store
anything that looks interesting ;-) That will always beat carrying
around any equipment (phone/camera) on convenience and speed.
Cheers,

Siddhartha

Old October 7th 04, 10:00 PM
scott

"andre" wrote in message

scott wrote:
Maybe our 6mp sensors of today will be like this next year:

http://sharp-world.com/corporate/news/040916.html

And if we are really lucky we can even reckognize shapes behind all
the noise. What the heck. Its like computers. People look for GHz
not actual performance.

Enjoy your 6MP phone.

But surely the technology will advance to allow the sensitivities we have
today in dSLR sensors to made much smaller in a few years time?

Old October 16th 04, 10:22 PM
Ray Fischer

scott wrote:
Maybe our 6mp sensors of today will be like this next year:

http://sharp-world.com/corporate/news/040916.html

Cute. Doubt that the image quality will be all that great, though.
There's a reason telescopes are big, and it has nothing to do with
technology.

--
Ray Fischer

Old October 16th 04, 10:55 PM
ZONED!

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:22:38 GMT, (Ray
Fischer) wrote:

scott wrote:
Maybe our 6mp sensors of today will be like this next year:

http://sharp-world.com/corporate/news/040916.html

Cute. Doubt that the image quality will be all that great,

Agreed, why the need? Especially since all I have seen, compress the
image beyond what I would waste any space to save.

Old October 17th 04, 04:20 PM
Big Bill

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:55:51 GMT, (ZONED!)
wrote:

On Sat, 16 Oct 2004 21:22:38 GMT,
(Ray
Fischer) wrote:

scott wrote:
Maybe our 6mp sensors of today will be like this next year:

http://sharp-world.com/corporate/news/040916.html

Cute. Doubt that the image quality will be all that great,

Agreed, why the need? Especially since all I have seen, compress the
image beyond what I would waste any space to save.

Cell phones.

though.
There's a reason telescopes are big, and it has nothing to do with
technology.

--
Ray Fischer

Bill Funk