This morning

Old May 27th 17, 06:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

Default This morning

Went to the airshow this morning.
Saw a few quick snaps.

named after one of our posters:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve9h3wmv3y4xhf0/20170527_Air%20Show_0640.jpg?dl=0

Just some angle shots:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bui889w8xmab9s4/20170527_Air%20Show_0692.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tj2u1pfqmu1jga/20170527_Air%20Show_0711.jpg?dl=0

--
PeterN
Old May 27th 17, 07:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 27, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

Went to the airshow this morning.

Was that out at Republic Field, Farmingdale?

Saw a few quick snaps.

named after one of our posters:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve9h3wmv3y4xhf0/20170527_Air%20Show_0640.jpg?dl=0

Cute.

The Republic product (P-47) Dad flew was appropriately labeled
“BigAsBurd”.

Here he is, 20 years old, with same “Burd” at Dobodura, New Guinea in
1943.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhsg0j0jy0nt0i9/HRO%2BP47-e.jpg

Just some angle shots:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bui889w8xmab9s4/20170527_Air%20Show_0692.jpg?dl=0

That looks like a Stearman PT-13, or PT-17 in front of a C-47.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tj2u1pfqmu1jga/20170527_Air%20Show_0711.jpg?dl=0

....and that is the unmistakable chin turret of a B-17.

Savageduck

Old May 27th 17, 07:16 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/27/2017 2:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 27, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

Went to the airshow this morning.

Was that out at Republic Field, Farmingdale?

Yes!

Saw a few quick snaps.

named after one of our posters:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve9h3wmv3y4xhf0/20170527_Air%20Show_0640.jpg?dl=0

Cute.

The Republic product (P-47) Dad flew was appropriately labeled
“BigAsBurd”.

I don't think this was a P47. Much too small: I don't know what it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvwzes8bann4wlm/20170527_Air%20Show_0641.jpg?dl=0

Here he is, 20 years old, with same “Burd” at Dobodura, New Guinea in
1943.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhsg0j0jy0nt0i9/HRO%2BP47-e.jpg

Just some angle shots:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bui889w8xmab9s4/20170527_Air%20Show_0692.jpg?dl=0

That looks like a Stearman PT-13, or PT-17 in front of a C-47.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tj2u1pfqmu1jga/20170527_Air%20Show_0711.jpg?dl=0

...and that is the unmistakable chin turret of a B-17.

Yep!

--
PeterN
Old May 27th 17, 07:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 27, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve9h3wmv3y...w_0640.jpg?dl=
0

Cute.

The Republic product (P-47) Dad flew was appropriately labeled
“BigAsBurd”.

I don't think this was a P47. Much too small: I don't know what it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvwzes8bann4wlm/20170527_Air%20Show_0641.jpg?dl=0

That is definitely not a P-47.
It looks like a Cessna O-2 “Skymaster”

Here he is, 20 years old, with same “Burd” at Dobodura, New Guinea in
1943.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhsg0j0jy0nt0i9/HRO%2BP47-e.jpg

Just some angle shots:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bui889w8xm...w_0692.jpg?dl=
0

That looks like a Stearman PT-13, or PT-17 in front of a C-47.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tj2u1pfqm...w_0711.jpg?dl=
0

Old May 27th 17, 08:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 27, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On May 27, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve9h3wmv3y...ow_0640.jpg?dl
=

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvwzes8ban..._0641.jpg?dl=0

That is definitely not a P-47.
It looks like a Cessna O-2 “Skymaster”

OK to confirm. I checked the military serial number on your first shot. That
is 67-21448.

From there it was easy to track down:
Airframe Family: Cessna 336 /337/O-2 Skymaster
Model: O-2B Super Skymaster
Construction Number: 337M-0472
Last Civil Registration: N888B
Latest Owner or Location:
American Airpower Museum
Republic Airport
East Farmingdale, Long Island, New York

Here he is, 20 years old, with same “Burd” at Dobodura, New Guinea in
1943.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bhsg0j0jy0nt0i9/HRO%2BP47-e.jpg

Just some angle shots:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bui889w8xm...ow_0692.jpg?dl
=
0

That looks like a Stearman PT-13, or PT-17 in front of a C-47.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9tj2u1pfqm...ow_0711.jpg?dl
=
0

Old May 27th 17, 08:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
PeterN[_7_]

On 5/27/2017 3:17 PM, Savageduck wrote:
[...]

From there it was easy to track down:
Airframe Family: Cessna 336 /337/O-2 Skymaster
Model: O-2B Super Skymaster
Construction Number: 337M-0472
Last Civil Registration: N888B
Latest Owner or Location:
American Airpower Museum
Republic Airport
East Farmingdale, Long Island, New York

It looks almost like a toy, that wa not orginally intended for military use.

--
PeterN
Old May 27th 17, 09:31 PM posted to rec.photo.digital, alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

On May 27, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 5/27/2017 3:17 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 27, 2017, Savageduck wrote
(in iganews.com):

On May 27, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 5/27/2017 2:05 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 27, 2017, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

Went to the airshow this morning.

Was that out at Republic Field, Farmingdale?

Yes!

Saw a few quick snaps.

named after one of our posters:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve9h3wmv3y...Show_0640.jpg?
dl
=

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hvwzes8ban...ow_0641.jpg?dl
=0

That is definitely not a P-47.
It looks like a Cessna O-2 “Skymaster”

OK to confirm. I checked the military serial number on your first shot. That
is 67-21448.

From there it was easy to track down:
Airframe Family: Cessna 336 /337/O-2 Skymaster
Model: O-2B Super Skymaster
Construction Number: 337M-0472
Last Civil Registration: N888B
Latest Owner or Location:
American Airpower Museum
Republic Airport
East Farmingdale, Long Island, New York

It looks almost like a toy, that wa not orginally intended for military use.

It was developed from the Cessna 336 as a replacement for the Cessna O-1
“Bird Dog” which was used as an observation and FAC aircraft in Korea and
Vietnam. It was replaced in turn by the North American OV-10 “Bronco”
which are still used today as observation and operations control aircraft by
CalFire.

Savageduck