MPG movie files (I recorded on my Sony Cybershot) will not playback on my phone (Sony Ericsson k750i)

Old February 15th 07, 09:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default MPG movie files (I recorded on my Sony Cybershot) will not playback on my phone (Sony Ericsson k750i)

I shot some mini movies on my Sony Cybershot camera (5 megapixel
thing) about 2 or 3 years ago.

I have the files saved on my hard drive (they are in *.MPG format) -
the videos play perfectly on my pc (and Mac)

I now use a Sony Ericsson k750i.

The videos don't play on my phone

(they are only mini/fun clips from nights-out and parties - it's
convenient to play it back on the phone)

(I no longer have the original camera. It was fairly similar to this
one: http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DSCP10-Cy...al-Optical/dp/
B00008O35W )

So - how can I play the video files back on my Sony Ericson k750i?

Old February 16th 07, 12:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
Colin Wilson

So - how can I play the video files back on my Sony Ericson k750i?

Try recoding them with something like Super (free) from
http://www.erightsoft.com

Its a pain in the ass to find the download link usually, with multiple
pages of spiel telling you what it can do (and it does _the lot_) but
hopefully this will help you get there quicker...

http://www.erightsoft.net/S6Kg1.html

Scroll right down to the bottom for the download links...
Old February 16th 07, 01:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

On 15 Feb., 23:09, Colin Wilson
o.uk wrote:
So - how can I play the video files back on my Sony Ericson k750i?

Try recoding them with something like Super (free) fromhttp://www.erightsoft.com

Its a pain in the ass to find the download link usually, with multiple
pages of spiel telling you what it can do (and it does _the lot_) but
hopefully this will help you get there quicker...

http://www.erightsoft.net/S6Kg1.html

Scroll right down to the bottom for the download links...

Thank you

* I presume this converts MPEG files to 3GP files?
* if so, is the quality as good (or worse?)

* I presume it is Windows software. I don't suppose there is any Mac
software that does this? (I use both platforms - but I prefer to use
Mac when possible)

Old February 16th 07, 02:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
Colin Wilson

Thank you

My pleasure :-)

* I presume this converts MPEG files to 3GP files?
* if so, is the quality as good (or worse?)

3gp is a smaller image size isn't it ? - if that's the case, there has
to be some loss somewhere...

* I presume it is Windows software. I don't suppose there is any Mac
software that does this? (I use both platforms - but I prefer to use
Mac when possible)

It is i'm afraid - not sure what convertors there are for a mac, but my
mate has one and he's fairly well clued up - i'll see if I can find
out !
Old February 16th 07, 04:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
Annika1980

On Feb 15, 7:04 pm, wrote:

* I presume this converts MPEG files to 3GP files?
* if so, is the quality as good (or worse?)

You're playin video on a cell phone and you're worried about quality?
It ain't HD.

Old February 16th 07, 07:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
Ian McCall

On 2007-02-16 00:04:53 +0000, said:

* I presume this converts MPEG files to 3GP files?
* if so, is the quality as good (or worse?)

Joining the thread late so apologies if I get the wrong end of the stick...

Quicktime Pro will export to 3GP, but it won't handle MPEG directly.
Get the Quicktime MPEG component, then use MPEG Streamclip to export to
3GP.

Cheers,
Ian

Old February 16th 07, 10:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.mobile,uk.comp.sys.mac,rec.photo.digital
Colin Wilson

It is i'm afraid - not sure what convertors there are for a mac, but my
mate has one and he's fairly well clued up - i'll see if I can find
out !

OK, try some of the links on the following site, or search in google for
the others...

http://www.pure-mac.com/video.html
shake
visualhub