Honey Bee Hard at Work

Old August 20th 18, 07:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tulip Renegade

Default Honey Bee Hard at Work

Capturing this moment in time of a honey bee in a sunflower patch just
made me think of how hard these bee's really work. Capturing this one
bee with a Tamron Telephoto lens, I managed to get the pollen dropping
from this hard worker to supply us with some great local honey.

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9198#427459198

Old August 21st 18, 03:10 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Tulip Renegade:

Capturing this moment in time of a honey bee in a sunflower patch just
made me think of how hard these bee's really work. Capturing this one
bee with a Tamron Telephoto lens, I managed to get the pollen dropping
from this hard worker to supply us with some great local honey.

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9198#427459198

That's not a honey bee. It's too blurry for me to distinguish, but an
expert could probably tell you whether it is a carpenter bee, Xylocopa
spp. or a bumble bee, Bombus spp.

*These* are European honey bees, Apis mellifera:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/14199719842. They are the ones
that produce the honey that you enjoy.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm
Old August 21st 18, 07:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tulip Renegade

Tulip Renegade wrote:
Capturing this moment in time of a honey bee in a sunflower patch

just made me think of how hard these bee's really work. Capturing
this one bee with a Tamron Telephoto lens, I managed to get the pollen
dropping from this hard worker to supply us with some great local
honey.

This is the elusive diamond encrusted southern honeybee

Old August 22nd 18, 07:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

On 8/20/2018 10:10 PM, Davoud wrote:
Tulip Renegade:

Capturing this moment in time of a honey bee in a sunflower patch just
made me think of how hard these bee's really work. Capturing this one
bee with a Tamron Telephoto lens, I managed to get the pollen dropping
from this hard worker to supply us with some great local honey.

View the attachments for this post at:
http://www.jlaforums.com/viewtopic.p...9198#427459198

That's not a honey bee. It's too blurry for me to distinguish, but an
expert could probably tell you whether it is a carpenter bee, Xylocopa
spp. or a bumble bee, Bombus spp.

*These* are European honey bees, Apis mellifera:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/primeval/14199719842. They are the ones
that produce the honey that you enjoy.

The macro images you show are always sharp clear and well exposed. Last
Sunday I borrowed a focus stacking rail. unfortunately the bugs on the
flowers moved between shots,
You have a lot more patience than I.

--
PeterN
Old August 23rd 18, 06:07 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tulip Renegade

The macro images you show are always sharp clear and well exposed.

Last
Sunday I borrowed a focus stacking rail. unfortunately the bugs on

the
flowers moved between shots,
You have a lot more patience than I.

--
PeterN

Thank you so much! Sometimes it's tough with those summer shots and
mosquitoes.